Chapter 2 - The Silver-Haired Alpha

No ones POV:

The trio ended up chatting most of the morning.  Gon learned during their playful conversations that Kurapika was also an omega, and Leorio was a beta.  It also turns out that Kurapika and Leorio got along a lot better than they expected.  Gon was glad that the two were finally able to enjoy each other's company.

"So I heard about the event!" said Gon.  "What is it about, Leorio-san?"

"Oh, the Intermission Knockdown!" Leorio explained.  "It's an organized event where you can compete with other students in matches.  You really don't wanna get into that.  Believe me, you shouldn't get involved unless you want to get your limbs ripped out by that assassin family."

"Assassin family?" asked Gon.  He thought that this was a school for hunters.

"Yup, Illumi and Milluki," Leorio went on, "I also heard their little brother is also joining, so you better be careful, kay?  Did I make myself clear?"

"Yup!" Gon said.  "But why on whale island would they have students fighting so early?" he asked as he placed his hand on his chin in confusion.

"It's obviously for the specialized teachers to scout students who have the most potential or who fit their criteria,"  said Kurapika.  "It also helps the school select student's to reject, so more can apply.  It's really simple."

"Yeah..." said Gon, who was scratching the back of his head.  "I'm just confused why now, without even a warning beforehand."

"I guess that is something we have to find out," said Kurapika.  Suddenly, a student came flying out of a building wall that had been smashed to pebbles.  "And that's a sign that we're close to the answer."

TIMESKIP!

"ATTENTION STUDENTS!" boomed the referee.  He was standing in the middle of the stage and waving his arms to get the attention of all the students.  "PLEASE STEP FORWARD IF YOU WISH TO CHALLENGE ANOTHER STUDENT.  THE ONLY RULE IS TO KNOCKOUT YOUR OPPONENT.  EVERY WIN, YOU GET 10 CREDITS, WHICH CAN BE USED LATER!  NOW, PLEASE BEGIN!!!"

The crowd of spectating students roared as a fight was about the begin.  Gon and his friends shuffled through the large crowd, almost getting suffocated by the heavy scents of multiple alphas.  Leorio wasn't effected, since he was a beta, but he felt sympathy for his omega friends, who were weak to such aromas.  Once they got a decent view of the stage, they observed the two competitors that were about the battle.  One of them was a tall, brawny alpha that had the biggest smirk that spread across his face.  The other one was a silvered haired alpha that had a bored expression. 

"He's kinda cute," thought Gon, as his eyes trailed down the silver-haired alpha's body.  Then, Gon's eyes met the silver-haired alpha's eyes for the slightest second.  Gon didn't look at him for long, but all he could think about were those piercing cobalt-blue eyes.  Unfortunately, Gon's daze was cut off by the one and only Leorio.

"Hey, Gon," asked Leorio.  "You okay, kid?  You're looking a little red.  You're not sick are you?"

"N-no!" Gon blushed.  "It's just the scents, that's all!"  Gon needed to focus.  He couldn't be swept away by a handsome alpha if he wanted to become stronger!  It was best he use his eyes to observe the fight, rather than the competitors.

"You know," boasted the tall alpha.  "I don't want you to get hurt since you're just a kid.  Just let me tip you over and we'll call it a match."

"Clearly, you're more sufficient in age then I am..." smugly said the silver-haired alpha.  "However, I have an advantage in skill.  So, it's more like we wouldn't want you getting too hurt, do we, big guy?"

"I'll show you who has the advantage!" yelled the taller alpha, who started charging towards his opponent.  However, the silver-haired alpha ended his sprint with a single slash, ripping out his heart.  The audience gasped in shock at the violent counterattack.  Who was this kid?  And why was it so easy for him to end that man's life?

However, Gon couldn't comprehend if he was trembling in fear or delight. He tried to calm his shaking legs, but he couldn't ignore the terror, but also amazement, he experienced when he saw the silver-haired alpha in action.

"Hey!" yelled Leorio.  "You can't just kill people!  You want to be a hunter don't you?"  The silver-haired alpha just looked away and scoffed in annoyance.

"Actually, Leorio-san, the rule was just to knock down your opponent," said Gon, finally composing himself.  "It didn't say how you had to do it though."  The silver alpha grinned and started to walk towards Gon, in a laid back posture.

"You have good ears," he complimented Gon. "And a cute face."  He slyly added with a whisper.

A/N: Kinda a short chapter, but it's here! :)