Chapter 16 - Trix are for kids!

Start from the beginning

Wow, I need to start locking my door.

I quickly shut off the music and run over to Cherry who is blinking rapidly, trying to blink back her tears.

"Cherry? What's wrong, what happened?" I ask, grabbing her cheeks and when her eyes meet mine, her lip starts trembling.

"He doesn't even care." She lets a sob and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I...I drove by his house and he was with her. He d-doesn't even care." She says and I frown, pulling her to me as she sobs into my shoulder.

"Cherry, it's okay." I whisper, rubbing my hand up and down her back.

"I'm sorry." She cries, shaking her head against my shoulder.

"You have nothing to be sorry for." I tell her, pulling away slightly so she can see me. "Come here."

She sniffles, trying to collect herself as I lead her to the piano, knowing this is how I've helped myself feel better.

"Go ahead. Write a song and I guarantee you'll feel better." I urge her and she looks down to the piano.

"Okay." She sighs, wiping her remaining tears before she starts to play some notes.

*play song now*

"I got my drivers license last week, just like we always talked about.. cause you were so excited for me to finally drive up to your house.." She sings and help, playing the notes with her.

"But today I drove through the suburbs.. crying.. cause you weren't around..."

"And your probably with that blonde girl.. who always made me doubt.. she's so much older than me, she's everything I'm insecure about.." I cut in watching Cherry turn to me with a sad look, knowing exactly what I'm referring to.

"Yeah today I drove through the suburbs.. cause how could I ever love someone else.."

"And I know we weren't perfect but I've never felt this way for no one.." I sing, playing the keys slightly faster and I signal for her to sing the next line.

"And I just can't imagine how you could be so okay..now that I'm gone...I guess you didn't mean what you wrote in that song about me.."

That song was fucking awful, babe, don't worry.

"Cause you said forever now I drive alone past your street.."

"And all my friends are tired of hearing how much I miss you.."  She sings and I smile at the fact she called me her friend.

"I kind of feel bad for them, cause they'll never know you the way that I do.. yeah today I drive through the suburbs and pictured I was driving home to you.."

"And I know we weren't perfect.. but I've never felt this way for no one... and I just can't imagine how you could be so okay now that I'm gone... I guess you didn't mean what you wrote in that song about me, cause you said forever, now I drive alone past your street.." We both sing the chorus together.

Haha, this is better than your shit song Jake.

"Red lights, stop signs, I still see your face in the white cars, front yards.."

"Can't drive past the places we use to go to, cause I still fucking love you, babe.." I sing, feeling my eyes start to water, Cherry looking over to me concerned.