02 ― how to (not) strike first.

❝ only an idiot wouldn't see how perfect you are

only an idiot wouldn't see how perfect you are.

THE CAMPBELL TWINS HATED SCHOOL.

It seemed like no matter where they went, their peers were constantly eyeing them or whispering about them to their friends. They wished that they could just go one day without someone making a cruel remark at their expense.

Most of the time, they were made fun of for reasons that they had no control over. Like the scar on Eli's lip for instance. He was born with a cleft lip and was left with a scar after surgery.

Emery, Dash, and Demetri hardly even noticed his scar. They knew it was there, but they didn't stare. The same cannot be said for the rest of the student boy. It was as if it was the only thing that people saw when they looked at him. Eli was constantly getting bullied because of his scar and it irked Emery to her core. Whenever she heard someone whisper in class about him to make a rude summer about his scar, she had to fight the urge to backhand them.

The last thing Emery wanted was to get in trouble. She was already on thin ice after what happened last year when she overheard a group of girls making fun of Dash because of his sexuality, a not so nice word coming out of their mouths. Emery did not hold back, resulting it her being sent to the principal's office for threatening to harm another student. He wanted to suspend her, but luckily, Eleanora Campbell can be very persuasive.

She had been angry when she found out that Emery has gotten sent to the principal's office, but when she heard why, her anger only intensified. She had marched right into the office after they called her, not hesitating to give the principal a piece of her mind.

The bullying just seemed never ending. Whether it be Eli getting made fun of for his scar, Dash's sexuality, or because of the fact that they were all considered to be nerds, there was no catching a break from the constant stares and whispering.

Today was no different. As Emery and Dash walked down the hallway to their first period class, hushed and some not so hushed whispers about them filled their ears. Several people were calling Emery the nickname 'Noodle Head' referring to an incident freshman year when she had spaghetti dumped on her head one day at lunch. It only took a matter of seconds before the video was posted online and shared with the entire student body. No matter what Emery did, she couldn't escape the nickname.

"Hey, Noodle Head," Yasmine, the most popular girl in school said as the twins passed her.

Yasmine was the one who had dumped spaghetti on her head. Emery rolled her eyes at her and kept walking, with Dash by her side.

"Who even came up with the nickname Noodle Head? I mean seriously, that's the best thing they could come up with?" Dash asked.

Emery shrugged. "I don't know, but I agree. It might just be the dumbest nickname ever."