"check up?" harry mumbled sleepily, louis giving a gentle nod and rubbing over harry's ankle where his sweatpants had ridden up.

"yeah love, we're just at the doctor's office for a quick little checkup, it'll be super fast." louis assured him, seeing the tears well in harry's dilated eyes as he became a bit more oriented. "shh, you're okay baby, papa and i will be there the entire time." louis said, trying to soothe the boy before he started wailing in the middle of the office.

"how about we put this back, huh love?" louis said softly, slipping the soother between his lips as harry went to let out a cry, niall making his way over to the empty seat next to liam. "yeah, you're just tired, shh it's okay." louis said, feeling harry's body relax against him as he sucked on the comfort item.

"i take it we're not impressed, are we?" niall said to louis, reaching over liam and running his fingers through the boy's hair.

"not at all." louis murmured back, bouncing harry gently the best he could while sitting, bending over slightly to place the diaper bag on the floor in between his feet so he could fully adjust harry onto his lap.

"the tomlinsons?" niall looked up to see an older woman, maybe in her fifties, in scrubs, her curly hair tied back and a warm smile on her face. "follow me this way, please." she said, smiling at harry when he poked his head up out of louis' now damp neck, before quickly ducking back down.

louis flashed her an apologetic smile before passing the bag to niall, who ushered liam and zayn up, motioning for them to follow the nurse, the two dads trailing behind with a crying harry still sat on louis' hip.

"my name is cara, i'm just going to do a few minor things and then doctor postie will be right in to see you, okay?" she said, offering a hand to niall, who shook it with a smile before she led them over to a scale that rested against the corner of the wall. "alright, who would like to go first? i just need the shoes off and if you have anything in your pockets as well, that needs to come out." the nurse said, smiling at liam, who had shrugged before untying his shoes and toeing them off, as well as fishing his phone and his wallet out of his pocket, and handing them over to niall.

"alright perfect, just step on up there, and we'll just take your height and weight." liam stepped up on the scale, the nurse adjusting a few things, before jotting a couple notes down on her clipboard, and soon enough, it was zayn's turn.

"you're nearly taller than liam there, zayn!" the nurse joked, making both niall and louis chuckle when zayn poked his tongue out at liam, who scrunched up his nose in response.

"alright, you can step off." the nurse said, patting zayn on the shoulder before jotting down a few more things and then looking over to harry, who was currently holding onto louis for dear life and sniffling, a trail of snot running down his nose that louis was trying to wipe away with a tissue from his back pocket.

"c'mon bubs, we can't keep the nurse waiting, she has other patients to see." louis said softly to harry as he tried to set him down on the ground, the boy wailing behind his soother at the action.

"take your time, it's actually been quite slow this morning." the nurse said, sparking up a conversation with niall while louis tried to soothe the boy, getting zayn to take off his shoes while he distracted harry.

"there we go, let's just step up on here," louis said, guiding a still sobbing harry over to the scale, letting the nurse adjust it for him while harry made grabby hands for whoever was closest to him the entire time.

"all done, harry! you did great!" the nurse said enthusiastically when he was finished, the boy shying away and crying for louis in response.

"sorry about that, he's just a little nervous about this." louis said as the nurse waved him off, leading them into an exam room.