She jumped off his lap and looked down at him with anger.

I didn't sleep with Warren!

The relief when Scout heard this was literally physical.

We were just dancing. Then I turn around and you have some blonde barbie practically on your lap. In a blink of an eye she is on your lips. I had to get out of there. Warren didn't do anything except make sure I got back safe and was making sure I was ok. Then you show up and PUNCH him! For no reason! Why are you even here? Shouldn't you be out celebrating with your barbie doll?

"Serena shut up!"

Serena just stared at him. After a second of silence she started laughing. Not what Scout had expected and was starting to think she went crazy. He looked at her confused and a little concerned. 

I'm sorry..haha..It's just. No one has ever told me to...hahaha...shut up…

Scout smirked and stood up. He wrapped his arms around her. 

"I'm sorry you saw what happened with Victoria. But I assure you, she was drunk and she kissed me. It's not an excuse just the reality of the situation. If you had stayed you would have seen me push her away and leave the table to get away from her. I didn't see you on the dance floor so I started looking for you. That's when Warren texted me."

So Warren texted you that we left and you still thought he would sleep with me?

"It wasn't my first thought but when I saw you in his room...what else was I supposed to think?"

I don't know but your first reaction was to hit him. You couldn't have asked what was going on. I don't think I can be with someone who hits first and enjoys it.

"You think I enjoyed that? I hurt my best friend, who in hindsight did nothing wrong. But what was worse was the look on your face. The last time you looked at me like that was when you woke up on the docks."

He hugged her tight to his chest. 

"Come sit down."

They walked over to the bed and he pulled open the covers. She stopped and walked into the bathroom. Scout knew he wasn't going anywhere tonight unless she told him to get out. He took off his shoes and shirt then crawled into the bed. When she walked back out he couldn't help but smile. She was no longer in Warren's clothes but in her own pajamas. He held the covers open and she got in next to him. 

Tell me about her.

"Who? Oh, I'd rather not."

Please, I want to know.

"Well since you know her name I guess Warren has been talking. What did he tell you?"

Just her name. You two used to date. And she broke your heart.

He let out a laugh. 

"I see. What do you want to know about her?"

I don't know, what happened?

He took a deep breath and his mind went down memory lane. 

"Well we met at an after party for one of my fights. We were teenagers. We were together for a couple years. I thought we were in love. If I wasn't fighting I was with her. To say Uncle Ken didn't like her was an understatement. I had always thought it was because he thought she was a distraction from my training. But after everything I realized he just saw the real her and I was the one who was blind sided."

He paused. He was deep in thought. It had been a long time since he had thought about all of this. He cleared his throat and continued.

"I was twenty when I hurt myself fighting. She was there in the beginning. Visited me in the hospital and was supportive. But when the recovery was slow, the sponsors started pulling out, and my career as a professional fighter was no longer a reality she left. Once she realized the lifestyle and money she had grown to expect for our future was gone she was also gone. I was broken physically and emotionally. When I was no longer part of the fighting scene I lost not just Victoria but a lot of so called friends. Warren was the only one who stuck with me. That same year my Uncle Ken passed away. If it wasn't for him and the money he left me to open the gym I don't know where I'd be today."

When Scout started coming back to the present he was a little surprised to find Serena's head was resting on his chest and her fingers were absently running across his abs. 

"That was six years ago...I haven't dated anyone since then."

I'm sorry.

He kissed her on the top of the head. 

"Thanks. Now go to sleep. We can talk more tomorrow."

Scout watched her fall asleep. He grabbed his cell off the nightstand. 

sorry about the hit. with Serena, she's ok. she told me what happend. Thank you for taking care of her. again I'm sorry. -S

it's ok man, you hit like a girl anyway. glad she's ok and you two are talking. see ya in the morning -W

Scout smirked at his comment. They both knew if he wanted to he could knock Warren out in one hit. He put his phone down and closed his eyes. He was exhausted. How had the day gone so out of control?