.27

The rain poured down heavily on her.

Drenching her down to her core.

Sticking her clothes to her body like a second skin.

The brown hair stuck to her forehead , the salty tears in her eyes slipping and mingling with the rain. She was shivering badly. .the cold chill settling in her bones but it was nothing to what laid in her heart. The cold in her heart. . .how was she going to get rid of that? .   Her nose red , cheeks wet,  pursing her lips in a tight line to stop herself from screaming.

Crumbling down. . .

The painful throb in her body spreading all over. .and she was helpless.

Helpless against everything. .

Wearing an oversized hoodie , she had fisted her hands and grounded her teeth for the ground could shake, the sky could fall,  hell could freeze over before she moved from here.

No amount of rain was enough to move her.

No amount of cold was enough to melt the fire in her belly.

Fifteen minutes ago:

Elliot had left her in front of the familiar club. He had been kind enough to ask her if she needed anything? Anything at all? Like an emotional support for instance? And she had said no.

As politely a she could.

The concoction of Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp that he was, he had nodded graciously and then looked at the thriving club . .his face sombre.

He had said only one word.

"Careful."

"Be careful , Sarah. He is not what you think he will be."

She didn't get his cryptic warning but had nodded anyways as if she got him.

Just as he had left, throwing one last look at her. .Sarah glanced at the building. It was the same club where they had first met.

More like destiny has pulled them in one place.

Star crossed.

A club where vampires and humans mingled together and a club that she had never set a foot in after what happened here the first and the last time she had come.

She was desperate. So desperate to see him to feel him to have him around her.

Smiling at her.

Laughing with her.

Smouldering at her. .

And she had thought she was doing the right thing by leaving, she smiled bitterly as people passed by her.

How can anyone do the right thing by leaving the person they love behind?

Without so much as a word?

A heart break and—

She stumbled forward when a hard shoulder bumped into her. Sarah grimaced at the slight pain that shot up her arm.

Someone had hissed "Move !" And this time she did because she didn't realize . .she was blocking the way to the club.

It was time. .

Time to be his brave girl.

Lifting her hood up, she started to walk towards the building. Her heart beating thud thud with the blasting music. .her anxiety rearing it's head. She was going to see him after one whole month.

One month?

Or one year?

Or a century?

She had no idea.

Pushing the glass door , she stepped in.

Instantly the glamour of the club hitting her hard like the last time. Lights bouncing around on bodies. Humans dancing on the floor as if they would never stop. Vampires moving step to step with their humans accomplices.  The whole building shaking with profound music. A suspicious red drink was being passed around by busty waitresses in sparkly wine glasses. Sarah saw one waitress giving the drink to a vampire. He had lifted the drink from the tray and smiled . . revealing the sharp canines —

Sweat begin to creep on her back.

Something got stuck in her throat.

Bile rising to her neck.

Knowing well this wasn't her scene. This wasn't — everything came crashing back — the visit to the bathroom — the beast tugging her behind —  on the couch— unbuckling his belt—

Sarah touched her forehead, pressing her fingers on it. Her temples had began to throb . Nerves tightening.

"Come on. You're here for him. Stop it. . ." She whispered to herself, trying to comfort her panicking heart.

Trying to numb down her anxiety.

All she has to do was find him .

Yeah! That's it!

Nothing mattered but him . Not even her.

With a determined face, she moved forward. . looking around at every human and vampire face . At the dance floor. The twerking bodies. The DJ. The bar. The bartenders—

And he was nowhere.

But Elliot said he was here! He said he could feel his presence here.

Surely he didn't lie to her. .

Sarah looked around once more. .green light blinding her for a moment. .she had to shield her eyes this time. . double checking every face , her face hidden behind the hood. No one gave a damn about her . Everyone  was busy doing their. .. . business..

After fifteen minutes of her searching around—

Her heart was falling down her stomach. . feelings flooding in . .where was he? The desperation was getting to her.

The will to see him at any cost was driving her insane. And that was the moment when she realized. Finally got it that it didn't matter. .it didn't matter who she was , what she was doing as long as he was with her. Beside her.

That overwhelming feeling nearly drowned her . .

"Damien. ." She took his name , still looking but not finding him anywhere.

Where did he go?!

She had looked everywhere—

No, she didn't!

Her eyes found the corridor . .the V.I.P section and relief toppled over her.  The corridor had neon pink lightning that was adding a touch of seduction to the environment. .

Quietly, Sarah moved towards the corridor. . passing by people. . bumping into shoulders. . muttering sorry on the way.

As she reached the darkly lit corridor, she looked back over her shoulder to check if anyone had seen her creeping here?

No.

The bouncer was busy eyeing a busty waitress up and down, chatting with her. Getting an eyefill of her body.

Knowing she had no time to loose, she entered the pink world. It was like an hotel lobby with doors on opposite sides.

No one knew what was happening behind those doors.

Gulping down her fear , she moved. . taking one step at a time . .but she couldn't find him just by standing here now could she?

She had to check in the rooms.

Every room.

He was behind one of them.

Just the thought of him was enough to make her heart feel determined and strangely. . .fearless.

Because for him. .a thousand times over.

×××××××××××××××××××