"I fucking hate that bastard," Aoife said. "And at least before, it was potions and Snape in the same class, but now I have to put up with two things I fucking despise, at separate times!"

"Um, Aoif, I'm really sorry to like— have to ditch you, but I have prefect duties," Kiara mumbled, pulling them both to a halt.

"You didn't tell me you got prefect!" Aoife said, nudging her gently. "Well done Ki!" She threw her arms around her, squeezing her tightly.

"Yeah, uh, I didn't really want to make it a big deal," Kiara mumbled.

"And there we were, thinking you had a secret shag on the train!" Aoife joked. "Seriously, well done."

"Thanks," Kiara said. She looked away, glassy eyed, and Aoife squeezed her arm.

"He'd be proud of you," she said softly. Kiara nodded quickly, wiping her eyes.

"I'm just being silly," she muttered. "I'd better go. I'll see you at the dorm."

"Ki—" Aoife started, but Kiara was already gone. Aoife sighed, continuing her journey to the courtyard. She was pretty sure she wasn't actually supposed to be out there, and that everyone was supposed to go straight to bed, but she wanted a smoke and Edelyn did not like smoking.

"I said I'd sort it!" A whispered remark caught Aoife's ear. She ducked behind a pillar, her curiosity getting the better of her. It was Arden, of fucking course it was. It didn't matter, to be honest, Aoife was well and truly over her. And truth be told, the only thing she wanted more than a cigarette was a snog from Ciara.

"Let go of me Draco," Arden said lowly. "I don't care if we're... whatever, I won't hesitate to curse your arm off."

"Oh sure you would," Draco Malfoy sneered. "I'd like to see you try."

"You know, I spent a fair bit of time with your Aunt over the summer," Arden spat. "Are you sure you want to test that out?" Malfoy hesitated, then released his grip on her arm.

"So you know you have to—"

"I said I'd sort it!" Arden hissed. "Piss off Draco, go and cry to your Mummy."

"Fuck off," Malfoy snapped.

"You fuck off," Arden snapped back. "Wouldn't want your goons thinking you've gotten yourself killed already."

Malfoy's eyes flashed, and he plunged his hand into his robes. Arden raised her eyebrows.

"Is that really how you want to play this Dray?" she drawled.

Aoife cursed under her breath as her lighter slipped from her fingers, and she bent down further to get it. Hearing a loud crack, and then a quiet groan of pain, she bobbed back up, eyes widening as she saw Malfoy with dark red blood dripping from his nose, and Arden inspecting her nails.

"I'll see you in the common room," Malfoy said gruffly, dabbing the blood off of his nose. Arden didn't warrant him with a response, slipping up onto the fountains edge. Aoife waited until Malfoy was out of sight before she stood up from her hiding spot, strolling nonchalantly over to the bench.

"Why hello there," Arden said, a smirk dancing on her lips. "What can I do for you this evening?"

"I'm just here for a smoke, Arden, don't make it difficult," Aoife sighed.

"Me? Making things difficult?" Arden grinned. "I would never."

"Just piss off alright?"

"I was here first," Arden smirked.