Luke Castellan : "On My Mind"

PERCY JACKSON AND THE OLYMPIANS

WARNINGS!

none. other than that this is completely self-indulgent lmaooo i hate myself.

___________

You'd been at camp half-blood for just over a month, and you still weren't used to anything about it. Before, you knew you were different, and you knew that whatever it was that made you different, was what brought with the most danger. You felt safe for the first time in a while, but that didn't change the fact that falling asleep on a nice patch of dirt when you were on the run, was easier to fall asleep on than your bed in your new cabin could ever be.

When everyone seemed to have fallen asleep (except for the people that were obviously staying up all night, reading by torch under and blanket or tinkering away at something feverishly on their bed), you were just stuck staring at the ceiling. Percy told you that it was normal to have insomnia or home sickness in the first couple of days, but you were starting to go crazy at this point. You knew there were rules about these things; in fact, you remember that strictly no demigods were allowed outside cabins after dark, unless given special permission by Chiron and Mr. D beforehand. But you were sure that anything out there guarding you couldn't be as bad as some of the things you'd faced outside the camp.

It wasn't difficult to simply get out of bed and walk towards the door, sure that no one saw you. The main doors into the cabin were surprisingly unlocked - and you assumed this was because most campers ended to just stick to the whole sleeping-at-night thing. You easily slipped out into the cool night air, grateful you brought a jacket as you pulled it closed to trap the heat.

You didn't seem to notice any immediate threats as you took a couple of steps forward, aware to be quiet because you knew that more than a few monsters liked to hover around the perimeters of the cabins. You could feel your nose already getting cold as you looked up at the stars. There were a lot more than you were used to in the city, even though you were sure you weren't that far out. You wondered belatedly if it had something to do with the field around the camp.

Before you really knew what you were doing, your feet were taking you towards a different corner of the rectangular shaped clearing. All you could hear were your shoes making a subtle sound against the ground, and the thrumming of cicadas trapped in the forest. You made sure to watch behind you careful that no one had caught your disturbance. If someone did, they didn't seem to want to do anything about it, because in a few moments you were already in front of the Hermes cabin.

Once you got there, you stood dumbfounded, unsure of what to do. You knew exactly what had drawn you there, but you weren't sure why your consciousness thought anything could come of it. What were you going to do? Knock on the door in the middle of the night?