Without You (Bodie)

Requested by: 

a/n: hope you don't mind, i modified the plot of your request just a tiny bit :) and i took out some bits about anxiety because nowadays i try to avoid romanticizing mental health issues

~

I am lost, I am vain

Three months had passed since you left on a trip to visit your family. You had some worries about leaving your friends behind, but you set that aside and enjoyed the time with your family. You tried your best to keep in touch, but being in a foreign country made that quite the challenge. 

Nevertheless, today was the day of your return. You texted all of your friends right as the plane landed. The responded at their own paces with sentiments of missing you and being glad you're back. However, there were a couple outliers. Bodie, a dear friend of whom you would never admit your burning crush on, didn't answer. This returned your concerns you felt prior to leaving for the trip. Aside from that, your welcome back text from Dare also included an invite to a huge beach party happening tonight. 

"It wasn't supposed to be, but it can totally be a welcome back party for you! See you there :P" read the text on the screen. 

I can't win, I can't reign

After settling back into your room and unpacking all your clothes you began to get ready for the party. It was a fairly simple task, save for you checking your phone to see if Bodie had replied. You tried to just keep your mind off of it and do your makeup but the effort was fruitless. What if he had blocked you? What if while you were gone, he started dating someone, and was on a date with them right now? Would he even be at the party?

These thoughts ran tirelessly through your mind as you carried out the motions to be ready for the party. You donned your favorite beachy outfit and made your way there. 

Various friends rushed to greet you upon your arrival, squeezing you in hugs and asking all about your time abroad. You answered happily, glad to be chatting with your friends again, all the while your eyes are darting around in search of Bodie. 

 I won't run, I won't fly

The night wore on, and the object of your affection never showed. You danced with your friends in an attempt to shrug it off, but you couldn't ease the thought of having somehow lost him in just three short months. You excused yourself from the crowd, claiming to need fresh air. 

You settled yourself at the shoreline, sinking down into the sand and letting the waves lull over your feet. Your eyes bore into the bright white moon and sprinkle of stars as your thoughts raced like they did hours ago. You fell onto the conclusion that there's a likely chance you'd never be more than a friend to him. After all, it seemed like he was avoiding you. 

Meanwhile, back at the party, Bodie had finally made his arrival. 

I can't rest, I can't fight

 He greeted Emilia as he always does, with a big bear hug, before promptly asking where you were. For some strange reason he couldn't uncover, he'd been highly anticipating your return. Emilia gestured off to the ocean with her thumb and let Bodie know you'd gone to get some air. He thanked her and promised he'd be right back before setting off in your direction. 

Now there was some distance between him and the crowd. The familiar beats of Without You came from the speakers far behind him. His eyes were set on you. He took in your figure against the ink black sky, how your skin looked in the pale, pearly moonlight. The stars were twinkling, the night was beautiful, but his gaze was locked on you. 

He felt his heart swelter, and the realization hit him like a truck. Was this what had been missing?

 I can't accept that we're estranged without you, without you

Sure, he'd always cared about you, you were his friend. But since you'd left things just hadn't been the same for him. 

I can't take one more sleepless night without you, without you

He was off rhythm constantly, struggling to keep up with Emilia. He figured he was losing stamina, so he'd started hitting the gym more. No change. 

If you're not here, I'm paralyzed without you, without you

He saw something wrong in everything he did. His schoolwork went unfinished, his room a mess, and tasks left incomplete. 

I lost my heart, I lost my mind without you, without you

He guessed that he was sick, or that someone had put a curse on him. But seeing you now for the first time in what felt like forever, a piece was put back into place. All this time he'd had feelings for you, but was too oblivious to notice. He smiled to himself before continuing to walk to you. 

"Sure is good to be back, huh, Sunflower?" He said, having squatted down next to you without you noticing. 

You jumped, nearly falling over in surprise. 

"You scared me!" You lightly punched his arm and laughed. "But yeah, it is good to be home. I missed guys and there's nowhere in the world with a view like this." Bodie watched as your eyes scanned the stars. He took your hands in his and pulled you up to your feet, wrapping you in a hug. You held each other silently for a moment before Bodie let go. He kept one of your hands in his and began to drag you back to the party. 

"Come on! I've been waiting for months to dance with you." He beamed. Your worries from moments ago washed away and you smiled brightly. You met up with your friends and began to dance to the same song that was playing when Bodie first set out to greet you. 

Surely enough, with you by his side, Bodie found his rhythm. The song neared it's end as Bodie placed his hands onto you, one on your shoulder, and the other almost against your neck. He leaned in and spoke to you, just barely audible over the music. 

"I need to tell you... I haven't been the same since you left, Sunflower. But now that you're back, it's like everything is right in my world. I just wasn't the same without you." his eyes met yours, "Do you, by chance, want to be my girl?"

All you could do was smile and nod your head yes. That same rush of excitement struck Bodie, and in the heat of the moment, he held your face and pressed his lips to yours. Of course, you returned the sentiment. 

And don't think this didn't go unnoticed either. Various wolf whistles and cheers came from your friends, and Aubrey handed Emilia $5 as she lost a bet. 

I will never be the same without you, without you

-

word count: 1162

QOTC: are there any crossovers/au's you'd like to see with DC?

a/n

um it's literally snowing rn and where it live it hasn't snowed in 3 years this is crazy

also wait is me putting little blurbs like this at the end of every chapter annoying? because i do it so y'all can know me a little better, and i try to put a lot of voice in my writing for the same reason. 

but yeah! thats the last of my requests and i currently have none, so please request if you feel inclined!!! 

happy (slightly) belated valentines :) ill be back when im back, maybe tomorrow, maybe in 2 months idk