“... Nee, Seijuurou! Gosh! Why are you day dreaming right now?” she sighed. “I’m asking you a question, okay? At least reply it before you went off day dreaming!”

“Rena, why are you asking me that?” he murmured while inhaling the sweet scent of her jet black hair.

“I’m just... curious, I guess. But you know, Seijuurou, promise me something!” she broke free from Akashi’s embrace as she turned to look at him seriously.

“Promise you what?” he asked.

“If something happen to me, please find your happiness, Seijuurou. Move on and get over me.” She said softly, her voice was shaking in fear and sadness when she spoke out those words.

“Rena, please stop saying something like that. Don’t ever think that way.” Akashi hushed her softly and pulled her into his arms, embracing her tightly.

“I’m sorry, Seijuurou. I can’t help it, I’m afraid...” she paused, hesitating whether to continue her sentence or just drop it off.

“Rena...” Akashi soothed her, running his finger’s through her silky hair and the arm on Rena’s waist went a little tighter.

“Promise me, Seijuurou.”

Akashi tried to ignore the ache in his heart. He knew Rena said those words as a guarentee, but he can’t help but to feel afraid. He was afraid at the thought of losing her. He was afraid to imagine his life without Rena’s laughs and smiles.

“I promise, Rena...” he whispered gently, and continued, “Stay with me, please. Now till forever.”

.

The sharp pain he felt right now was unbearable. He felt the hot liquid running down from his forehead. He tried to look around, but black spots starting to invade his vision. He felt so lost, vulnerable and tired.

His mind wondered. ‘What happened? What happened to me?’ he thought. He heard the sirens and some voices. But it was unclear. Like a static ringing in his ears. He wanted to say something, but his voice won’t came out.

He wanted to breathe. But his chest hurt everytime he tried to inhale. The drizzling rain somehow managed to wash away the blood from his face but surely it can’t washed away his pain. Akashi new he was forgetting something, but he can’t point it out with his hazy mind.

He was torn between numbness and the feeling as if he was hit by a bullet train. His vision was surrounded by dark and murky shape. And he was quite sure the metallic taste of iron filled his mouth.

The rain made him shivered, he was cold but he couldn’t tell.

Cold and warm.

Heavy and light.

Blurry noises.

Tired. He was tired, why was he here again?

Again, that blurry noises. As if he was drowning,  as if he was underwater.

Drowning and distant.

Maybe it was just static ringing in his ears.

And he was falling.

Weightless.

He was falling into the embrace of darkness that welcomed him towards the unknown surface.

A never ending fall.

.

A few weeks after,