Kass's music drifted off and he lowered his instrument, smiling to the both of them. "Thank you for listening. If you ever wish to hear it again do come back." He returned to playing the same song that had distracted Sheik but when he looked up at his friend his face was just twisted in confusion.

"That contradicts my theory on the Sheikah Technology. How it was created in place of the Hero. It does strengthen my theory that the Sheikah created it under the order of the Royal Family but..." he gave a small hum and crossed his arms over his chest. "I suppose it's impossible to know anyway, not without having been there to see what was going on. If we believe that story or the hundreds of others we will probably hear." He shrugged his shoulders briefly and looked to Link. "Besides, the Ganon I met all those years ago, was a man." That was something he learned from the Hero of Time when he got the story yesterday, and it still didn't fail to surprise him. "It's said he was born to the Gerudo Tribe, people known for typically having girls and being an all female tribe."

Sheik looked like he was going to continue on from Kass when he paused suddenly and turned his gaze to the Rito. He had that look on his face, where he fought with himself internally, and then finally settled on a decision. "Your song." Kass paused and lifted his gaze to Sheik. "It's called Epona's Song." The shock that ran through Kass would have been amusing if Sheik didn't seem so upset. Kass's jaw dropped and the instrument lowered down, his eyes wide as he stared at Sheik as though he'd grown wings of his own suddenly. Sheik himself still seemed torn but the firmness in his gaze told Link he was committed to correcting this. "And the horse the Hero called to his side with it was named Epona. The first Hero to do it rescued her from an abusive ranch owner that was under Ganon's control."

"Epona's song--" he repeated the words back, still startled. "How can you--?"

"If you're going to play it, you should play it right and in its entirety. Epona was important to him." Link couldn't tell if he was ignoring Kass or just unwilling to answer the question. However he did reach behind himself and retrieved his Lyre off of his back. "I'll play it once to completion and then you're on your own." He tested the strings with a few random notes and then started into the song that Link had become familiar with at the stables Kass frequented. He was right though, when he reached a certain point that Kass would loop back through to the beginning there was another verse. It wasn't much longer and he couldn't even say it changed much but it did feel like it completed the song rather than endlessly looped it. Then there was a break, where it would probably loop back around and restart but Sheik stopped playing and put his Lyre away.

He didn't wait for Kass's reply, just headed over to the cooking pot by the stable and left Link with the Rito. "Link." He looked to Kass and inclined his head. "Who is your friend?"

"Sheik. You can trust him, he knows a bit more about this than... an average scholar."

"I see. I'll take your word for it, since I can't say if he was wrong or not on the song. It certainly sounds right. He's a fantastic musician by the way, please tell him for me."

Link nodded and headed off to where he had lost his friend in conversation with a stable hand girl. Reaching the other's side he leaned against him, shoulder pressing to Sheik's and looked at what was in his hand. "What's that?"

"Apparently, Fireproof Elixir. It's supposed to make you flame resistant and keep you cool. She gave me the recipe for it too. Here." Sheik turned to Link and dumped five of them into his hand. "I also spotted the tower and locked it on the Sheikah Slate so we can find it."

"Did she happen to say how to get up to Goron City?" Link asked, looking from the map on the slate to Sheik's face.

He gave a nod. "There's a path we can follow that leads up right into Death Mountain. If we don't get lost, we should ideally reach Goron City." That was fairly straight forward, surely they would be fine then.