Twenty-Seven

*Maddie P.O.V*

"This would make such a good instagram post." I pouted.

"Show me?" Reece asked. I turned my phone around so he could see the pictures. "They're such good pictures, why don't you post them?"

"Look at the hoodie I'm wearing." I said, and Reece looked again.

"Is that Brad's?" He asked, and I nodded.

"And he took the pictures." I said. "The fans are observant, they'll realise I'm wearing Brad's hoodie and if that isn't gonna cause a fandom breakdown I don't know what will."

"You've worn my hoodies in pictures before." Reece pointed out.

"Yeah but we're like best friends and have been since like the start of New Hope Club, everyone knows we're nothing more than that. Whereas me and Brad have never been close enough for me to be wearing his hoodie." I said.

"That is true. You know, you should ask Brad for his opinion." Reece said. "If he says go for it, and you're both prepared for speculation around the pair of you dating then..."

"That's a shout." I said. "Gimme a sec, I'll FaceTime him."

After a few seconds, he answered. "Hey." I smiled.

"Hey, hows things going?" Brad asked.

"Things are good, Reece say hi." I said, and Reece came and sat beside me, poking his head in the camera.

They said a brief hello, and then I got down to the reason I had called. "Okay so you know the pictures you took for me a few days ago?" I asked.

"Yeah I remember." Brad said.

"Well, I wanted to post some on Instagram but the only thing is is I'm wearing your hoodie." I said.

"Damn, that would make the fans grow curious." Brad laughed. "If you want to post them, go for it."

"Wait really? It's going to practically open up space for the rumours though. Are you sure you're okay with that? What about the others and Joe? What would they say?" I asked.

"I spoke to them about this the other day and they said that they would leave it up to us two for when/if we wanted to tell people." Brad said. "And we won't be directly telling the fans either but... if anyone picks up on it, it would be fun to see them go a little bit crazy over it. If you're ready for people to start questioning us being together then go for it."

I laughed. "Okay, you sure it's okay? Because I'll go and post it now."

Brad nodded, "Okay babe, I'll let you go and I'll see you later."

I smiled to myself as I ended the FaceTime call.

"Well what are you waiting for?" Reece said, and I laughed.

I selected my favourite 3 pictures and went across, captioning them, 'day edition' to correlate with my previous post that I had conveniently captioned 'night edition'.

As soon as I hit post, the likes and comments started coming in. I put my phone down and turned my attention on to Reece, vowing not to check the comment section for at least half an hour.

***

I scrolled through the comments, the top ones by the lads had a lot of likes.

@/bradleywillsimpson: nice jumper x
@/newhopereece: @brad i like the jumper too 😏
@/themaddieball: @brad @reece it's a nice jumper x

@/bradleywillsimpson: wonder who took these photos🤔
@/themaddieball: i think his name was Brad?🤔

@/connorball: lil sis pulling up with the promo
@/themaddieball: always and forever x

@/newhopereece: you better promote our album like this when we make one 🙄
@/themaddieball: shut up😤

@/tristanevans: 2 weeks day edition, lets goooo x
@/themaddieball: let's gooooo x

I saw a few other comments by various celebs I'd had contact with over the years and was acquaintances with.

@/corbynbesson: I can't decide if night or day edition is better🤯

@/imzachherron: i miss you Maddie 🤍x

@/thephoebetomlinson: stunner💕

@/jadethirlwall: hyped for the album! maybe we should meet up and have a little party 😉x

I smiled, replying to them. Then we got down to the fan replies. Some were sweet, talking about my new video, complimenting me, etc. And then there was the other comments... we were right. People were beginning to catch on to us.

@/thev.amps2018: isn't that Brad's jumper?!
@/wakeupcon: brad took these pics... since when were you too close?
@/luv.maddie: BRAD AND MADDIE'S COMMENTS BACK AND FORTH, DONT TELL ME THERE'S NOTHING GOING ON THERE
@/bubba.brad: if they're dating i'll actually cry
@/love4maddie: missy is there something between you and Brad?
@/foryoujames: @connorball please spill the beans
@/tristan.evans.xo: GUYS DOES THIS MEAN- BRAD AND MADDIE??????

"Woah." I said, scrolling through the comments and liking them. I know liking the comments will only add to the speculation, but it's for the fun of it.

"They've definitely caught on. Look at my tagged." Brad said, and he showed me. It was full of stuff about me and him. "I didn't expect them to blow this up to this extreme."

"I mean, if we don't confirm anything then it's not 100% true is it?" I smiled.

"On a serious note, when and how should we tell them?" Brad said.

"I think that we should tease them for a few days. Make it more fun. See if they catch on, how people react to it and what they think. Then we should come out and say it. We could do something bigger like a 'boyfriend vs my brother' or 'boyfriend does my makeup', or we could do something completely different like a simple instagram post. Up to you." I said.

"Or we could do both." Brad said. "Post an instagram picture together and then a youtube video. Hey, you know what else we should do? You could cover Personal with me. I love singing with you."

"I love singing with you too." I said, giving him a quick kiss. "I can't wait to plan that youtube video. Got any ideas?"

"I've got a few already." Brad smiled.

"We could film a few." I smiled back.