Four

*Maddie P.O.V*

I was laughing at the joke Brad had just made when Brad's phone started ringing.

"Oh it's Tris, could you answer it for me please?" Brad said, handing me his phone.

"Sure!" I answered, "Hey Tris, Brad's driving." I said.

"Oh hey Maddie. I was just ringing to say we're heading back to mine and Brad's place if you want to join us? If not, just to let you know Con won't be home for a while." Tris said.

"Let me just ask Brad." I said. "They're going back to yours and Tris', not Con's."

"Oh okay did you want me to drop you home or did you want to come as well?" Brad said.

"I'll come." I said, knowing it would mean more time with Brad. "Okay, we're on our way now. See you soon." I said to Tris, and hung up.

"Mine and Tris' place is better." Brad smirked. "The best place for you to be." He paused and blushed. "I mean, for anyone to be."

My mind raced over. The best place for me to be. ME. What does he mean?

I tilted my head a bit as if I was questioning what he just said. He just smiled and avoided eye contact.

"Well then, let's go to the best place to be." I smirked at him, and he shook his head, smiling.

*Brad P.O.V*

Maddie played on my electric guitar, Con looking impressed at the new song she'd learned to play. I sat watching her, solely focused on her alone. There was something so attractive about watching her do the thing that is literally my job.

Once she'd finished the song, James spoke up. "Maddie you should come to the studio with us on Sunday and we can have a jam sesh. Your choice of songs. It's the last day that we'll be in the studio."

"Sounds good. I'll nick your place as guitarist." Maddie smiled.

"Do what you please but don't kick me out of the band please." James joked.

Maddie eyed the room, noticing a spare seat in between me and Tris. She headed over, taking a seat. "At least that'll motivate me to get through tomorrow. I'm spending the whole day editing a few videos I've filmed this week."

"Sounds delightful." I said, and she nodded.

"So, what time are we meeting at the studio tomorrow?" Con asked.

"Earlier the better." I said. In my head, if we finish the album by the time Maddie gets to the studio on Sunday then that'll leave us all plenty of time to hang out all day. Then that'll be when the fun really begins. "Let's meet there at 8?"

"Sure." The others agreed.

We all started chatting among us. The energy as we spoke about the new album was unreal, it was clear that everyone was hyped. I knew I certainly was.

Maddie yawned, leaning her head against my shoulder. My heart felt like it missed a beat, and I had to fight back a smile that threatened to take over my face. I actually hate this, why's she making me act like a little schoolgirl. She's well and truly got such an effect on me, it's unreal.

Now, there's one thing that happens when Maddie is involved. I get nervous. Nervous because she's so beautiful, she's literally breath taking, but also nervous because I don't want to give myself away, especially when the people I'm going to give myself away to out of everyone is my band mates and that's no good because Connor is her older brother. I mean, I can hardly imagine he would be happy with me. It's bro code - you don't date your best friends sister.

Besides, she probably only sees me as another one of Con's friends.

Maddie's phone rang, pulling me out of my trance.

"Hey Reece." This meant Maddie would be leaving to go to Reece's. "Yeah I'll head over now. Wait, let me just ask." She pulled the phone from her ear and looked over at Con. "Would you be able to drive me over to Reece's?"

"I can, I'm going home to see Kirstie now anyway." James offered.

"Is that okay?" She asked.

"Absolutely, it's no trouble." James said. "Let Reece know we'll leave in a minute."

"Okay awesome. Reece? Yeah, James is going to drive me over, we'll leave in a minute. Okay, see ya!" She hung up.

Her bond with Reece is so close, I'm waiting for the day they wind up and say they're dating. I think we're all waiting for that day really. I mean, they've been close for years and haven't actually got together but half the time they act like they're together. It's cute but I also can't help but get a little jealous. I can't help but want to be with Maddie.

"Well I'll see you all soon." Maddie said, running her hand through her hair and letting it fall over her shoulders.

We all said our goodbyes. She smiled at us all and waved goodbye before following James into the hallway. I heard them talking, and Maddie's little excited voice as she chat about Sunday at the studio. I know she loves it over at the studio. As I heard the front door close, I forced my thoughts to steer away from Maddie.