Chapter 23: Let's be stupid together then

Start from the beginning

Will's still looking, stay hidden wherever you are

I heard footsteps approaching, is it Will?

I peeked around to see Mason. With his girlfriend. The girl from the other day.

Why are they here? Well couples need alone time. Now I will have to experience all of this.

"How are you Mace?", The girl asked.

"I'm fine", Mason sounded sad, really sad.

"Stop lying Mace, I'm your best friend", she huffed.

Best friend?

"Tay, I had to do that, she didn't love me, she liked Will",

Wait....she? Is he talking about me?

"But you loved her", the girl protested, "You literally told me to sit there in your t-shirt, just to take the blame on yourself and not make her think that it's her fault",

"Tay, I had too, Harper would feel like she hurt me forever, she wouldn't be able to be with Will because she'd feel guilty, that's just how she is", he explained, "I can't hurt both the people I love, Will and Harper are made for each other whether they believe it or not", He sighed.

"I love her, and I love her enough to let her go", 

She hugged him tight.

"I'm going back home today, take care okay? I wish I could stay but you know how Anna is", she chuckled.

"Yeah", he smiled, "Your girlfriend sure is possessive and clingy, no offence",

"Oh none taken, just don't ever say that to her, she might rip you to pieces, Anna is an entire level of dangerous when she's jealous", 

They shared their goodbyes and the girl left, leaving Mason alone in the hallway.

He sighed sadly as he fished something out of his pocket and stared at it. I saw a snowflake pendant, broken in half.

My face was covered in tears as I tried to muffle my sobs. 

He did everything for me. All of it. He made sure it seemed like he was the reason for the break up, just so that I didn't feel guilty. He must be so heart broken.

Suddenly, a loud sob escaped through my lips.

"Who's there?", Mason's voice asked, he sounded panicked.

I came out of my hiding spot. 

His eyes widened in shock.

"H-Harper", he stuttered, "W-What are y-you-", 

I cut him off by tackling him with a hug.

"You b-bastard", I sobbed, "Why didn't you let me break up with you? Why did you put yourself through that?! Why!?",

I let go of him and punched his chest a bunch of times, I was so mad at him. 

"Harper I-",

"Shut up! You don't get to be superman in every situation! Save everyone no matter what happens to you! You're an idiot is what you are!", I yelled at him.

He smiled.

"I'm superman?",

"Don't give me that stupid smile! Yeah so what if I'm in love with Will!? I still love you as well, I still care about you as well!!",

"So I was wrong?",

"Yes you were!", I punched him again, "Now you have to swear, swear you won't do stupid things like this and ruin our friendship and that no matter how much it hurts you'll be one of my best friends for ever and ever! swear you'll let me find a girl for you who's way better than me! and that even if Will and I get married someday! you're going to be the godfather of our kids! SWEAR ON IT!!", I shook him by the collar of his shirt.