"Yeah, what's up?" I ask, sitting up all the way this time as he shifts all of his weight back. I lean my weight onto my hands, letting my wrists bend and ache at an uncomfortable angle. Our faces hover a few inches away from each other, making a light blush fall over my face. 

"Why is there a burn mark on the sheets?" he asks, perking a curious brow at me. My face flushes even more and I quickly look away from him, my eyes landing on the mark that had been burnt into the sheets last night while he had been sleeping. 

"Well, I kind of had a random force connection with someone last night. And before you say anything, he wasn't able to see you or anything else in the room. He could only see me the entire time. Even if he could see my surroundings, I had your face covered up the whole time," I frantically explain, my hand sliding over to cover the singed mark. 

"You had a force connection with someone? Who was it with?" he questions, making me realize that I hadn't even told him who I had connected with last night. I hold my breath for a few moments, wondering if I should actually tell him who it was I saw. 

"It was..." I start, trying to figure out what the best way to answer his question without sounding crazy would be. The thing is, I don't think there was a way to sound sane when it came around to something like this. I guess I'm just going to have to rip the bandaid off. "It was Gideon."

"Moff Gideon? But he's dead. He died in that TIE fighter crash, remember?" he insists, shaking his head as his eyes widened. 

"I know! That's why I think that it might've just been some weird fluke connection with his force ghost or something. I'm not exactly sure what it was," I explain, shaking my head as I tried to think it all through. Even if I wanted to believe that it was just some sort of fluke, that wouldn't explain how there was a physical burn mark resting in the sheets beneath my hand. The only reasonable explanation would be him being alive and (unfortunately) well. "It's probably nothing."

"Are you sure?" he asks, leaning forward a bit as he spoke. 

I let my thoughts wander for a few seconds, my mind wondering what it was I should really tell him. Bo-Katan technically never stated that it was Moff Gideon that she was looking for. She alluded the shit out of it, but she never directly stated his name. Maybe she was just talking about someone else. Or maybe she thought that I already knew who the new wielder of the dark saber was. It all could've been some sort of miscommunication. 

Oh, who the hell am I kidding?

Of course she's talking about him. 

"I'm sure," I say, nodding my head. He stares at me for a few more moments before nodding his head back at me. He pushes himself up to his knees before sliding off of the bed. Once he gets up, he stretches his arms over his head, his shirt creeping up enough to expose part of his torso. He slowly lowers his arms back down to his side, then turning back around to face me. 

"You should probably go get ready for the day," he muses, softly smiling down at me. I smile back and nod my head, dragging the sheets off of my legs. I slide off of the bed and quickly stand to my feet, but I instantly regret it. I stumble around a bit, my legs still feeling tingly and numb. Din reaches out and grabs onto one of my arms, keeping me up on my feet as I winced from the stabbing in my legs. "So that's why you were getting all squirmy."

"Oh whatever," I say, playfully rolling my eyes at him. I take a few steps on my own, the feeling in my legs slowly starting to come back. I walk out of his room with ease, but I stop after a few seconds to turn around and look at him. He smiles at me before looking away as the door shut between us. 

I shake my head as I walked over to my room, quickly stepping inside before leaning against the freezing metal of the door. I let out a small sigh and slap my hands over my face, wondering if I could act anymore like a fucking lovestruck teenager. Maker, I hated how flushed my face felt right now.