Chapter 1

OK so, I've pretty much changed everything I originally had on here but I think it's for the better. I hope you enjoy n.n

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nausea. That's what I felt. I panted as I ran down the hall. I had to hurry. It would have been easier to run if it wasn’t for my backpack. I shut my eyes and opened them again. I was becoming anxious, it was harder to breathe and my vision was starting to blur but I kept going. I had to hurry! I had to run!

 Ring.

“Crap.” I groaned. I ran slightly faster to get to my first period class. It was bad enough I was already late, but the later you are to your classes, the worse the trouble you get yourself in. I slowed my running once the door was in my sight. I jogged to it and opened the door. Once I did, a bunch of eyes landed on me as I walked in with my head down, trying to ignore all of the attention.

“Cecily your late.” Announced Mr. Hernandez.

“I know.” I muttered.

I set my backpack down and I took a seat beside my friend Misaki. I sighed and let my shoulders relax. The stress of my current tragedy was draining the energy out of me.

“Overslept again?” asked Misaki with an arched brow.

“Yeah…”

“Are you sure you’re getting enough sleep?”

“Yeah, yeah.” I waved her off.

“Remember what the doctor told you alright? I don’t want to have to drag you back there myself.”

“I have to keep going Misaki, I can’t afford to miss any days of school. I’ll fall behind and I would never be able to catch up!”

“Would you like to share your conversation girls?” Asked the teacher.

“No sir.” We said in unison.

The teacher turned his back to us and continued on with the lesson. I laid my head on the desk and I closed my eyes. My eyelids were getting heavier and heavier each passing day.

“Look Cecily, go home. You need to rest. Once you have had enough time to grieve, like the doctor said, the “gang” and I will come over to your house to help you with your assignments OK? Sound like a deal?”

I thought about it for a moment. Although I was skeptical about it, I knew Misaki was right. Soon this was all going to catch up to me and soon enough I’ll have a break down. However, it wasn’t like I could simply skip out on school! My parents would have never agreed with the thought of me skipping school. I sighed. I needed to calm down before I end up making myself cry in front of all these people.

“… Alright… I’ll do it.”

“Great, now you should get going.”

“I didn’t bring the Doctor’s note with me.”

“But can’t you tell the doctor to call the school so they can excuse you?

I sat thinking about it for a short moment.

“Actually yeah, I can.”

“Good, now do it.”

“Now? I could get in trouble you know.”

“He’s not paying attention anyway.” Misaki rolled her eyes.

This time I rolled my eyes and I pulled out my cellphone. I sent a text to the Doctor telling him about the situation and what my plans were. Once I finished the text, I put my cellphone in my pocket and waited for the next thing to happen.

While I waited, I found that I could not get myself to focus in class. My thoughts kept drifting any my eyes kept shutting. I would have gotten in trouble if Misaki hadn’t helped me. I sat and caught myself falling asleep when I heard the class door open. The teacher stopped his lesson and momentarily stepped out.

“How much more time until this class is over?” I groaned.

“For you, not much. For me, 15 minutes.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“Cecily,” The teacher called. “Get your stuff and go.”

It took me a moment to register what Mr. Hernandez said in my mind. Once I processed it, I grabbed my things and bid farewell to Misaki. I swung my backpack over my shoulder and I walked out of the classroom. 

"Levi?"" I asked startled. He just leaned on the wall with crossed arms and legs holding a white sheet of paper.

"Yeah?" he responded straightening himself and standing straight and tall. 

"What are you doing here?"

"Escorting you to the front office." He mock bowed.

Rolling my eyes, I started walking to the office and he walked beside me. I couldn't help but wonder, what would I do once I got home?

"So," started Levi, "What will you do once you get home?"

"I was just thinking of that." I said while biting my lip.

"You can come over to my place if you want." Levi shrugged. "It sucks being alone."

"That it does." I mummbled. "I'm thinking of getting a cat." 

"Why a cat? They are mean.. All they do is eat, sleep, growl and poop."

I smacked him on his shoulder and frowned at him.

"Theres much more to cats, they are adorable, fluffy and funny too. You're just too narrow minded."

"Hey now," 

"You're a rock star~" I interupted, smirking.

"You're funny." He rolled his eyes.

We stopped infront of the office door but Levi stood with his back to the door, blocking me from going in. 

"What?" I asked.

"I want to take you out on a date." said Levi confidently.

"A what now?" I asked unsure if I heard him right.

"You heard me right, Cecily." he said light heartedly. Every time he spoke his voice seemed to brighten up.

"But..."

"Please?" he said stepping aside.

Levi then opened the door for me and did a mock gentleman like bow. I averted my eyes as I passed him by and walked over to the atendance lady's desk and he closed the door.

"What can I help you with?" She asked.

"I need to fix my attendance here."

"You need a reasonable excuse or a note of some kind."

"I don't have a note but that is why I'm going to call my doctor and sort thing out with you."