"i can't wait for tonight, ah how am i supposed to get through today? can it just hurry up?" she questioned more to herself as she happily scrolled through her phone. her obsession with dramas always worried yeosang, at this point he believed that she was happily living her life through characters rather than dealing with her own real life problems. however, there was one obvious reason as to why bae iseul treated her life this way.

her parents. at the age of fifteen, iseul had lost both her parents in a car accident. a car accident which she had survived. iseul couldn't recall the night of the accident at all, all she remembered was the fact that they were returning from her grandparents house, and all of a sudden, she was awake in a hospital bed. when she had woken up, she asked her grandparents for her parents, and that was when the news was broken to her. it broke the girl to pieces and to this day, she still blames herself for it all. 

that was when her obsession began. she lived life through kdramas, a way to escape reality. however, it concerned those around her. her family, her teachers and yeosang, they were all worried for the girl, but no one could bring themselves to confront the girl. or rather, she wouldn't let them. avoiding any help from them, avoiding conversation about her parents or her mental health. that was the only thing she was good at doing.

running away.

"bae iseul, phone away." iseul flinched at the sound of her teacher's voice, hurriedly locking her phone and tucking it into her pocket before the device could be confiscated. yeosang who sat behind her let out a quiet snicker, causing the girl to throw a glare his way before returning back to the teacher who was beginning the first lesson of the day; english.

another thing that iseul was good at doing was not paying attention to her teachers ― it explained the failing grades. she was surprised she hadn't had to redo a year or even kicked out from how appalling her grades were, but alas, she somehow managed to do well in exams and somehow make it in the middle, enough to make it to the next year.

"remember to fill out your future career sheets for your homeroom teacher, they need to be returned by tomorrow." the final teacher of the day reminded the class as they packed away their things. iseul's eyes widened in surprise, remembering the piece of paper that she had buried all the way at the bottom of her bag, her only other option since she couldn't tear it to pieces. 

"ugh." she groaned quietly to herself, her head dropping against her desk as she dreaded answering the questions that made her think about her future. who said it was okay to pick out the rest of your life at age eighteen? when has an eighteen year old ever made good decisions?