23

"Okay. What's up?" I asked as I sat down next to him on the bed. He finally looked at me and took both of my hands in his.

"What? Are you gonna break up with me?" I said jokingly but Louis just looked at me and said nothing.

"No... Say something Louis." I couldn't bear the wait, my heart was racing inside of my chest and my throat started to close.

"I don't know what to do anymore... with you or with anyone even william. I'm so lost."

The words came out of his mouth like a punch. I let go of his hand and took a step back.

"Is that your way of leaving me?" He didn't say anything, just starred at me with his soft eyes that were starting to get wet. I put my hand on my mouth keeping me from saying anything else.

"That's not what I meant..." He began with a small voice crack. He looked down as I looked up to stop the tears.

"Was it something I did?" I asked. "Something I said?" I could feel my cheeks starting to get red, they were burning.

He looked at me and said "I tried...I really tried." My heart stopped "No..." I kept shaking my head like I wanted to wake up from a nightmare.

Louis' POV

I thought it was gonna be easy like She said but I couldn't look at her anymore, her face broke my heart. She looked so sad, I hated myself for doing that to her. "I..I gotta go..." she said turning around. "I'm sorry Char", that was the last thing I said to her before she walked away throwing the beautiful flowers on my floor

Charlotte's POV

I stood in his hallway with a blank mind, trying to comprehend what just happened. What did I do wrong? I thought we both loved each other... I spent the whole night replaying that whole scene in my head. My head started to hurt, from all the crying. But I couldn't stop thinking about him. All I wanted to do was to lay down next to him. Wrap my arms around him and play with his soft hair until we both fell asleep. However, I would never be able to do that again.

I fell asleep around 5am. And when I woke up I had a huge headache. "Charlotte!! Breakfast is ready" Dad screamed from the kitchen. I still haven't told him what happened yesterday, in fact I haven't told anyone.

I washed my face before going downstairs because it was still puffy. "Are you okay?" Dad asked as I stepped in the kitchen. "Just tired" I told him, wishing that he would stop the conversation there. "Tired? What are you tired of?" He asked. I looked at my dad and felt my heart ache inside of me. "Nothing..." I answered as tears started to fill up my eyes. I quickly looked away, to dry up my eyes and sat down on a chair.

Me and my dad ate our food without saying anything. As soon as I finished, I went back into my room. I opened my phone and...

My lip began to tremble and tears began to collect at the bottom lid of my eyes

I called Gracie to tell her what happened yesterday, I need her right now. "I'm coming" She said as soon as I told her that he broke up with me. And 10 minutes later, she was in my room.

"Shhh, it's okay now, i'm here." Gracie comforted me. She stayed here the whole day, we didn't talk that much. She had to write so she sat at my desk keeping me company, making sure I was alright.

"Do we have school tomorrow?" I asked hoping that the answer would be no. She nodded and faked a smile. I sighed and closed my eyes, escaping from the reality.

Next thing I knew, I opened my eyes and it was "tomorrow". Gracie was sleeping next to me, she looked so peaceful. I wished I was as strong as her.

I got up and tried to make as less noises as I could to not wake my friend up, it was still 6:30. I went into the bathroom to take a shower since I was probably very smelly. I washed my long hair with what was left of my shampoo and conditioner and turned off the water. I had big under eyes bags, even though I slept for a good 15 hours.

"Good morning" Gracie said softly when i walked back into my room. I smiled and grabbed my clothes. Red sweatpants a black hoodie, my matching set with louis was all that was clean. "Can I borrow a shirt?" My friend asked as she put her hand on my shoulder. I opened my drawer and pointed at all my shirts, waiting for her to pick one.

When we got to school, everyone was outside. And there he was... by the door, with William. "I'm staying with you, don't worry" Gracie said when she saw my eyes widening. She grabbed my arm and we walked to a little bench. Luckily, he wasn't in my first period. But William was. "Can I sit here?" he asked pointing at the chair beside me. "Sure" I answered without looking at him.

I was frustrated, Will always said that he would be there for me. Yet, he was with Louis this morning, but I couldn't blame him, they were best friend. "Are you okay?" He broke the awkward silence. I looked at him and raised my eyebrows "Just fine, William." We didn't talk for the rest of the hour.

Then the dinner break finally came. I ate alone in the bathroom, I didn't want to see anyone. Two hours left of school I thought to myself as I took a bite of my apple.

My days looked like that for a good two months. Go to school, listen to the teacher, go to my next class, eating alone and going to my last class. It was a sad routine. But one day, the second of February exactly, I received a text from Louis.