#8. He's Venus and She's Adonis

Start from the beginning

"Wahan kyu khade ho?" Bani asked.

"You know, I always wondered, why this place gave such feelings like I'd want to stay here forever. I realize it is because this is the exactly place where I encountered you for the first time. The last day of my life. Kya qayamat thi, sweetheart. Tumhe dekha bhi toh kab. Apne zindagi ke aakhri din. Bas ek hi baat acchi nahi lagi ki tumhe jana bhi toh kab, zindagi ke aakhri din. Kaash thode pehle mujhe mili hoti tum." Veer said with look in his eyes. "Tum jaao. Jo bhi karna hai, woh karo. Main yahin ruk ke wait kar lunga."

Veer could almost see that moment playing in his eyes. The first time he had come across her. A memory that was forever etched in his mind. Veer felt the exact same feeling when he saw Bani. Back then he couldn't explain how it just took a moment for him to fall for her. Standing there and looking at Bani, he realized that it had never been gone. His feelings for her had always been there waiting to come out. 10,000 divine years of waiting. All of that felt fruitful in that one moment when he saw her. That feeling which emerged out of his heart. It was like feeling his own heartbeat for the first time. Veer had ones read Venus and Adonis. He wondered if Venus felt the same way that he did when she saw Adonis. He had never been one for poetry but she seemed exactly like that. Something like that of an angelic poetry.

There was something about her that drew him to her so intensely. Balwant would keep asking what pulled him to her so madly that he didn't care for his own life. Veer has no answered to that. For some reason she seemed like an answer to everything that he questioned. It was the soul that poured in her eyes. Bani hid herself behind those thousand walls she built for herself but he had seen her soul. Untouched. Loving her felt like flying through the air. An unusual freedom he had never felt. Birds flew through the world without boundaries and freely but always returned one place to build themselves a temporary home and build their family. To love her felt like finally being freed from an imaginary cage. She could give him poison saying it was a drink and he'll drink it without a doubt. He just couldn't doubt on her.

Now, she claimed that his mother was Markaat. He didn't know what to believe more strongly. She couldn't be Markaat. Markaat can never be affectionate. Affection word has no existence for Markaat.

Bani walked ahead into the temple. She bowed down to the Shivling first and offered her prayers.

"Adi-Naagin, aap yahan?" The panditayin asked.

"Mujhe kuch cheezein janni hai." Bani said.

"Hume maaf kariye, Adi-Naagin, par hum aapko kuch nahi bata sakte." The sapera came in between. Bani felt really agitated. They were the gurus of Naagvansh and they themselves refused to help with anything. "Yeh ladai aapko khud hi ladni hogi."

"Aap nahi bataenge toh kisse puchun? Aapne humesha hi Naag-Naagino ko kitni cheezein sikhai hai. Main aapse apna bhavish toh nahi puch rahi hun. Sirf kuch sawaal hai jinke jawaab jaanna hai." Bani questioned.

"Hum kon hai kuch bhi batane waale? Sabh toh wahi hai. Shiv hi satya hai, Shiv hi bhoot, bhavisya." He pointed out. Bani bit down her retort and angry shout. After all he was Naagvansh's helpers. "Theek hai par yaha jo library hai uski kitaabein toh dekh sakti hun na?"

They nodded. Bani walked into the library and tried to find books. If the creature had existed since Satyug as she claimed, then she must be mentioned in these books or scrolls. Bani finally found the scroll which showed her the drawing of the creature she had fought.

"Yahi hai woh." Bani exclaimed. She looked through several more books but she could find nothing. It was almost zero. She saw the scroll. It gave her information on what the creature was.

Saalon saal tapasya karke, isne shiv ji ko prasann kiya. Vardaan mein ek saath insaan, cheel aur naagin hone ka vardaan maang liya tha. Shivji ne tapasya ke phal mein de diya. Pure sansaar mein sirf yahi ek jeev hai aur aakash, prithvi aur paani mein ek samaan reh sakta hai. Iske laksya mein sabse shaktishaali banna hai. Aaj tak ise haarene waala koi nahi raha hai.