#8. He's Venus and She's Adonis

"Even as the sun with purple-colour'd face
Had ta'en his last leave of the weeping morn,
Rose-cheek'd Adonis tried him to the chase;
Hunting he lov'd, but love he laugh'd to scorn;"

Bani did her best try to show Veer but Veer's mother turned out to be an amazing actor. She could just flip into characters.

"Mujhe pata hai ki wahi Markaat hai, Vanshika." Bani told her.

"Bani, listen. If it is Markaat then we can't jump into things without knowing anything." Vanshika commented. "Dushman ko jaane bina kisi bhi attack mein utrna is going to be stupid."

"Chalo ek baar ke liye maan bhi le ki meri maa Markaat hai but it doesn't explain why she was tied down in the basement. Agar who Markaat hoti toh it should be one easy task for her to escape." Veer pointed out.

"Yeh sabh mujhe nahi pata, Veer. Kuch samajh nahi aa raha. Mujhe bas itna hi pata hai ki who aurat Markaat hai jo mujhe marna chahti hai. I don't know ki tume kaise yakin dilaun." Bani said.

"Bani, I'm not saying that you're lying to me or anything but if this is what it is, then there are several questions that arise. How is it possible that she's Markaat kyuki jis gufa mein Markaat rehta hai, wahan toh saalon se Markaat reh raha hai. Kayi saare cheelon ne use baat bhi ki hai." Veer explained. "Agar woh Markaat hai then how come dad ne use kaid karke rakha hai? Dad is not that powerful to be able to subdue Markaat."

"Koi toh hog ana jise yeh sabh ke baare mein pata hoga? Bholenath for sure doesn't plan to make us play detective-detective and find out everything about Markaat on our own." Vanshika added.

"We can only try to find ways, Vanshika. Possibly Guru maa could know something. Ek baar puchte hai unse." Bani offered. She looked at Veer. He was having own dilemma.

He can't digest that his mother is Markaat. It just couldn't be. He has lived with her for so long. Not even once did he feel that she was anything that kind of god who fed off death and destruction. Veer knew well how Markaat thrived on destruction, blood and death. That is all the Cheels did when he was the ultimate god of the cheels. Markaat demanded that kind of servitude. Its is a life long servitude once you enter his service. He himself had never been someone who would offer his complete surrender. Neither as Aakesh nor as Veeranshu. He wasn't someone who offered complete surrender to someone like Markaat who never gave him any godly aura. Markaat's aura was rather that of intense destruction.

Veer remembered his own birth mother. Ishana Singhania. Her birth mother was herself a cheel. He didn't remember much but enough to know his mother was one who instilled him into not surrendering to Markaat. Aakesh never had any specific attachment to Markaat but as Veer that feeling on intensified and made rock solid by his mother's beliefs. Veer knew he got his calm and cool from his mother.

Chandrakala Singhania was his own mother's closest confidant. They used to be close and that's why after her death, she had entrusted him and his brothers in her care. Just for people outside, she had that last name but Balwant never accepted anyone as his wife. She had cared for him like his own mother. He had laughed with her, cried when he missed his mother with her, played with her and learnt so many things with her. Yet, to have Bani go on and on about Chandrakala being Markaat was something he couldn't digest. He had known her since he was born.

"Alright... tum dono jaao and try to see if you can get some information." Vanshika commented. "I'll keep an eye on her from here."

Bani and Veer nodded. They drove towards the hill temple which was majorly abandoned. Last time Veer was here, it was in daylight and he almost thought he lost his powers. Bani got off the bike. He just stood where he stopped the bike.