Donnie x Chubby!Reader

You're a mutant too; a Black Mamba with scales such a deep blue or purple they look black.

Reader's POV

I lay curled up on the roof of an apartment building, soaking up the warmth of the last rays of sunlight. Thank god the pavement will stay hot for another hour at least. And then it's back to the filthy, cold sewers. Not that I mind very much. Donnie will be waiting there for me.

He's so cute. Especially for a mutant. He's sweet and smart. He makes my heart beat twenty times faster then normal just by looking at my with those beautiful reddish brown eyes. And that grin! With his gaped teeth! It's enough to make my stomach curl into a ball and do somersaults.

But it'll never be. I know that. He's already got a crush on the girl, April. Not that April is bad. No, she's like a sister to me. But still. I have to envy her. She's slim and strong with pretty red hair.

While I am too round to be a real snake, especially the sleek black mamba, even when I haven't just eaten. I have no hair. Just a flat head of deep (pur/blue) scales that look black. And I'm not a fighter. Splinter can barely get me to do a roll. I'm hopelessly clumsy.

I watch as the sky lights up with brilliant pinks and reds, fading into that deep blue. Of course, New York's city lights dot out all the stars, but looking at the city skyline is almost just as breathtaking.

I'm so focused in my own thoughts, I don't hear anyone come onto the roof until a scream rips through the air. I'm scared so badly I bolt up, raising my arms, ready to protect myself however I can. But it's only a frightened couple. The poor girl is crying, and obviously neither can move.

So, I do the same thing I always do when someone sees me. I turn and slither away as fast as I can. Reluctantly, I slip down into the back alley and down a manhole. Just opening the cover shoots a blast of such a horrible smell at my face, I gag every time.

Closing off my nostrils as best as possible, I slip down, sealing the sewers behind me. As I slither along, I think about that couple.

They were just looking for a nice date night. A place to sit and have a peaceful, romantic picnic, watching the lights of downtown Manhattan and Brooklyn. The boy was probably hoping to get lucky in their bedroom. The girl was probably fantasizing about a diamond ring. All completely normal, human fantasies.

All ruined by me.

I wish Donnie and I could be like them. But, again, the fantasies are ruined be me. I wish I were human, like April. Or at least skinny. Maybe (h/l), (h/c) hair. Instead of fangs spitting poison, I could have two rows of strong, white teeth. And one solid tongue! The flickering of my forked one gets annoying. I wouldn't do that if I weren't a snake.

When I reach the liar, I head for Donnie's lab on instinct. I don't register how quiet it is. Even the television is shut off.

"~not the right time." I stop when I hear the voice that makes my heart soar.

"When is going to be the right time?" Someone else asks, Leo? He sounds a little irritated.

I know I shouldn't, but I sneak closer.

"I don't know, Leo. But it's not now. If it's not perfect, she'll say no." Donnie sounds tired. And scared. Not a completely uncommon mixture for his voice.

"Well if it's not soon, you're not going to get a chance."

My heart plummets. They're talking about asking April out. Of course.

"Yes, yes. I know.  I'm just... Why would she say yes?" Because you're cute? You're smart? And nice? And have the most amazing eyes in the world? "I'm a mutant! She probably likes Casey more then me."