𝟎𝟔

chapter six

chapter six.

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

HALLOWEEN WAS A WIDELY-CELEBRATED HOLIDAY AMONGST THE STUDENTS AT HOGWARTS, and each year, it was celebrated by a large feast and festivities after classes ended that day. For James and Sirius, it was an opportunity to scare first and second years by jumping out from behind corners in the halls.

"James, that is enough!" Freya scolded the Potter boy, slapping his shoulder playfully after watching him jump-scare another first-year, who looked terribly frightened afterwards. "And you too, Sirius. You're not innocent in this, either." She added, glancing at Sirius, who had a small smirk on his face.

"You could always lighten up and join us, you know." Sirius suggested, which caused James to roll his eyes, slinging his arm around Freya's shoulders as they walked to Potions class together.

"Freya? Join our terrible pranks? Never!" James exclaimed teasingly, laughing along with Sirius as he glanced down at Freya, who was rolling her eyes at the two of them.

"No wonder Lily gets so annoyed with the two of you." Freya pointed out, ignoring James' arm that was still wrapped around her shoulders; even just the thought of him touching her was making her stomach do back-flips.

"Evans has no idea what fun is." James stated bluntly, which caused Freya to shrug out from under his grasp.

"That's not nice. I thought we agreed that we liked kind James better than mean James?" Freya retorted, looking up at him as they approached the classroom.

"Anything for you." James replied in a joking manner, a soft smirk playing on his lips at the sight of Freya's clear annoyance.

"Get a room." Sirius breathed out with a slight snort, shaking his head at his two friends before heading into the classroom to greet Marlene.

"Maybe he's right, I mean... I know of a room that stays rather empty just down the hall we could-" James began to suggest, but he was quickly cut off by Freya.

"In your dreams, James." Freya stated teasingly, shaking her head at him as they walked into the classroom behind Sirius, heading over to their assigned table.

James laughed quietly at her words, following her to the table, where textbooks were already open to a page with the words "Goblin Soup".

"Is this Professor Crowley's idea of Halloween fun?" Freya asked, her eyebrows raised as she glanced over the ingredients list.

"You don't think this will be fun? I bet it'll taste splendid." James replied, earning a look from Freya, which made his grin even wider.

"You can do whatever you want with it after you help me make it." Freya stated firmly, setting her bag down as she began to gather the ingredients for the potion.