"Yeah, actually, a butterbeer sounds great right now. Thanks, James." Freya spoke truthfully, smiling softly up at him while ignoring the looks Lily and Marlene were exchanging from across the table.

"Here, take your jacket off." James offered, helping her slide the jacket off of her shoulders, hanging it on the back of her chair for her afterwards.

"You're being oddly kind to me again. Is there something you need?" Freya asked suspiciously, watching as he hung her jacket while she took a sip of the butterbeer.

"What makes you think I need something?" James asked in a teasing manner, leaning his elbows on the table as he looked over at her, a slight bit of adoration apparent on his face.

"Because you're never this nice without wanting something." Remus cut in, earning an eye-roll from James, who glanced over at his friend, noticing the smirk he was wearing.

"I can be nice!" James defended, glancing over at Freya, noticing that she was trying to suppress her laughter. "What? You really don't think I'm nice?" He asked, glancing over at Sirius for help, who just shrugged, his eyes on Freya, who was carefully wiping her upper lip to get the foam from her drink off.

"James, I'm just saying, you're acting weird today." Freya stated simply, looking up to meet his gaze.

"Well, don't take it for granted then." James retorted, earning a laugh from Freya, which was music to his ears. "Also, you've got a little something right here." He added, motioning to his upper lip, which made Freya's cheeks turn a deep red.

Freya quickly wiped at her upper lip, but James only shook his head, letting out a quiet chuckle.

"Here, just sit still." James muttered, grabbing a napkin and carefully wiping at her lip, smiling slightly at her afterwards. "Now it's gone." He added, pulling his hand away from her face quickly.

"Thanks." Freya spoke quietly, smiling slightly before turning her attention to Marlene, who was talking about how her older brother was working with the ministry.

"He claims that they are all relatively scared of what's to come with the Dark Lord. They keep having to... clean up his attacks on muggles." Marlene explained in a grim tone, playing with her hands as she spoke. Freya could tell she was nervous for her brother, being so close to the Dark Lord's schemes and all, and she wish she could tell her she didn't have to worry, but she knew she couldn't lie like that.

"I bet it will just get worse before it gets better. If it ever gets better." Peter spoke up, his hands wrapped around the glass of butterbeer in front of him.

Freya shifted in her seat slightly, thinking about her future; everything she would be forced to do and become. She hoped more than anything she would at least be able to have fun in her last few years at Hogwarts, and that she wouldn't be constantly thinking about her fate, but she could tell that wasn't going to be the case.

Sirius glanced at Freya, noticing her fixated gaze on her glass of butterbeer. He could practically feel her knee shaking, considering she was sat right beside him; he was surprised James hadn't noticed it, too.

"Does anyone want to go the sweets shop?" Sirius offered, changing the subject to hopefully alleviate a bit of Freya's apparent stress. Most of them nodded quickly, even Freya, who had lifted her gaze to meet Sirius' concerned one.

"I need to stock up on sweets for our dormitory." James blurted out, standing up and putting his jacket on.

Freya tore her gaze from Sirius quickly, standing up to grab her jacket, but James beat her to it.

"Here, allow me." James offered, taking her jacket and helping her put it over her shoulders. Freya blushed slightly as she felt his cold fingers brush across the bit of exposed skin on her shoulders, zipping the jacket up once he was finished.