"So you think someone deliberately attacked me for what? To keep me from fighting?"

"Yea. I do." Jay replied. "I have no solid proof, but I'm not gonna give up on finding these pieces of shit."

"I haven't heard much about my opponent. I don't even know his name yet. They usually keep it quiet until we get closer to the event, when they officially announce the card. To avoid shit like this probably." I waved my good arm over my injured legs. "So how did he find out about me?" I smirked, not sure I believed his theory. I thought it could just be random. They didn't steal anything so that didn't help my theory any.

"I have no fucking clue, but I intend on finding out little brother & when I find out who did this to you or who had it done to you, I will be kicking someone's ass." Jay's eyes were wide, almost looking crazy. Almost I said. Jay's eyes were usually wide when he was serious & then when they got crazy wide, they'd dart back & forth & he'd start fidgeting. When he started doing that, I knew to tread lightly. "People talk, so I'm sure he heard someone talk after you won."

I nodded, wanting to change the subject since I could feel myself getting angry. "Is Dad coming?"

"He was here, but he had to get back to the gym. Mom is here, too. She just went to make a few phone calls." Jay grabbed his sandwich again & started eating it.

I picked at my sandwich, since I wasn't exactly hungry. It also hurt to open my mouth & hurt even more to chew, since my jaw was probably sore from hitting the ground. My mom came a little later & fussed over me, of course. I let her, because sometimes, it just felt nice to have a female pay attention to me, even if it is my mom. Most of the time I was a man & acted like one, but once in a while, I wanted to be comforted by my mom. She was good at it, being the affectionate woman that she was. She hugged everyone she met, even if it was the first time meeting them. She was always touching me or my brother when she was around us, sometimes enough to annoy us.

I couldn't wait to get out of the hospital, even if I had to stay off my leg, using crutches. I would manage, but hell, I'd be bored as fuck. I didn't have a job, because training for my fights was a full time job. Sometimes, I'd pick up extra cash by making appearances at local events. My dad paid me & my brother, too, for doing jobs around the gym. My brother & I lived modestly, to say the least. Jay had a job, under the table, working as a bouncer at KO. Jay & I depended on the money I got for winning fights. The last fight I won, paid pretty well, since it drew in a huge crowd. After they took out my money for my insurance, I was paid a few thousand bucks. It was enough to help out me & Jay with our living expenses.

For the five days, I was in the hospital, I had to stay in a wheelchair, then I could do crutches, but the doctor ordered me to stay off my crutches for as much as possible. Only when I was going to appointments or to the bathroom was he okay with me being on my crutches. So that meant I needed full time supervision. Jay took it upon himself to call my mom since he couldn't be with me all the time.

The day before I was being discharged, my mom came to visit. "So, I talked to Harley & between her & I, we will make sure you have someone with you to help you. I can come in the evening when she has to leave because she has to go to work at the bar." I smiled when my mom mentioned Harley working in the bar, because I knew the truth & it always amazed me that my mom & Harley's dad were so oblivious for so long. Mom touched my cheek with her hands then ran her fingers over my bruises that were on the side of my face. "I hope they catch the animals that did this to my baby." She almost whispered.

"Mom." I whined & she put her hands on either side of my face so she could kiss my head.

" I whined & she put her hands on either side of my face so she could kiss my head