s.r. - what i'd give to see you again

tw: suicide

You adjusted your hands on the wheel, holding your arms out straight. You gripped it tight, watching your knuckles turn white as the tears came to your eyes. He was gone. Spencer was gone and he wasn't coming back. 

His smile flashed in front of your eyes and his laugh rang in your ears, haunting your mind. His scent filled your nose and flowed down to your chest, your lungs filling with the smell of book pages and mahogany. You tasted him on your lips, the gentle kisses he planted setting you on fire. You felt his soft curls between your fingers, wrapped around you and keeping you close with each strand.

Tears fell down your burning cheeks and your face tensed, your sobs filling the metal box you were incased in. You sniffled, shaking your head in attempts to get him out.

 You pressed your foot further down on the peddle, the car speeding up by the second. You heard the engine grow louder, your heart beat quickening and pounding your ribs. You looked at the upcoming oak tree on the side of the road, your face relaxing. You were relaxed. The emptiness in your soul being filled with the hope of afterlife. The bittersweet place you desired to be. Where Spencer was waiting for you. 

You closed your eyes and swerved to your right before letting go of the wheel, the back of your eyelids being the last thing you saw.