I explained what Tayte had told me about my car and that it would take a few days - five at most - to get the parts and repair what needed to get fixed. I also told him that I was in need of a hotel room once again as there were no available rooms in town due to a city wide event happening over the week.

"Ah, yes, the art and music festival is a huge money maker for Sea View," Mr. Hall answered, "It's one of the few times of year that all the cities surrounding our area are nearly or completely devoid of people and when our town's population skyrockets. As far as rooms are concerned, I have plenty of spare ones that are available for the next few days - next few weeks, even."

"Thank you so much, Mr. Hall!" I was completely thrilled - though that other part of me felt another boulder drop into the pit of my stomach, "You are a lifesaver!"

"Not a life saver dear, far from it," the proprietor chuckled, "but I am pleased that you are coming back and staying for a while. Would you like the same room you had last night?"

"Room 110? Yes, please."

"Very well, would you also like to be added to the breakfast list during your stay?"

"I suppose so, thank you."

"And are you still interested in the evening entertainment?"

I had to pause on that question. 

Although the comedy act was indeed joyful, there was something off about Mr. Hall when he took on the persona of Hugo Punch. They were complete opposites of each other - like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Jimmy Hall was a sweet and kind host, making sure everything was perfect and presentable as an owner of a hotel should be - but Hugo Punch didn't seem kind at all, but more irritable with an underlying feeling of danger. 

"Miss Martin? Are you still there?"

I shook my head, breaking my thoughts. This was Jimmy Hall, not Hugo Punch, that I was talking to.

"Apologies, Mr. Hall," I answered, "I think I may need some time to think about the evening entertain, if you don't mind."

"You sounded like you really enjoyed it last night..."

"I know, however I just want to think about it. It's been a very much of a roller coaster day for me, and entertainment just isn't on my list of priorities at the moment."

"I understand," though he sounded disappointed, he refused to discuss the matter further. I heard shuffling from the other end of the phone before Mr. Hall spoke again, "Alright, well it seems everything is set in order. We'll just have you pay when the time comes for you to leave as you're unsure if it's going to be five days or more."

"That sounds wonderful, thank you again."

"Absolutely Miss Martin. Can I ask when I'll be expecting you to arrive?"

"I think I'll stop off at one of the stores and pick up a few things then come up, so probably an hour to an hour and thirty minutes?" 

"That should give me plenty of time to clean the room for you then," Mr. Hall answered, "I'll see you up here about... one?"

"One it is. Thank you again."

Now, sitting in the taxi with my overnight bag and my drugstore bag, I hadn't really noticed how dark the building actually was due to the storm. Built from redwood colored bricks, the hotel stood like a mansion on the coast of the sea, overlooking the waves as they crashed ruthlessly into the rocks below. The windows were bordered in an antique cream color while the shingle tiling of the roof was black as ebony. There were few plants, save for the ones that lined the property outside of the gated archway - looking more like long dark fingers and claws rather than plants with the lack of both leaves and bulbs even though it was about mid-spring. I could see the entryway lights on within the building, knowing full well that the only person within those walls would be the proprietor - Jimmy Hall.