"Do you really wanna get punched again?" iwaizumi threatened, raising a fist.

"I'm kidding!" oikawa laughed. "Tell me more about L/n." he wiggled his eyebrows.

"You better not do something dumb, oikawa. I swear to God."

"What do you mean? I'm always well-behaved." oikawa put a hand on his chest to prove a point.

Iwaizumi snickered, "She did told me she doesn't have a lot of friends and that she loves reading."

"Ooh, a book nerd. I like that." he smirked, earning a smack from his bestfriend.

───

One more book, and you're done.

You've been stacking books since lunch started which was also the start of your library shift. There were a new arrival of books to be sorted so you were happy.

Going back to the front desk, you took out the unfinished romance novel you were reading last night. You sat on the chair as your whole attention went to the book.

But before you could dive into the world of true love and enemies to lovers troupe, someone rang the small bell. That indicated that somebody required your assistance.

Reigning in your annoyance, you looked up only to be met with playful brown eyes. You suppressed a groan.

And here you thought your day was going well.

"How can I help you?" You sighed as you closed the book in your hands dishearteningly. You took a out a pen just in case.

He glanced at the book you just put down before moving his eyes to you, "How was your day, y/n?"

You narrowed your eyes at him, growing more irritated. Iwaizumi probably told him your name. You just wanted to read your gosh darn book without getting interrupted damn it.

"Good," you answered his question sarcastically, "Now how can I help you? And don't call me by my first name." you gritted your teeth but still maintained a polite smile.

He scrunched his nose, "So straightforward and stingy. I'm looking for a science book." he said, leaning his arm on the counter, making you back away.

"Vague. Care to specify?" you fiddled with the pen.

"I think, what was it?, thermometry?" he looked lost in thought as if he was digging really hard into his brain trying to remember.

You almost laughed but suppressed it, "Do you mean thermochemistry?" you snorted.

He smiled, "Yeah that. I knew that."

"Uhuh," you nodded, "It's in the science and technology aisle, second aisle to the left." you pointed while instructing him.

He nodded signifying that he understood and you waited for him to leave. But, minutes passed and he still didn't budge.

"Um, is there something else you want?"

"Aren't you supposed to come with me? Like, isn't that your job, Ms. Library Assistant?" Your face heated up after he referenced your words from yesterday.

He stared at you while smirking.

"You've been here for three years, I thought you'd be grown enough to know how to do things on your own." you muttered, getting up to provide him the help that he so desperately wanted.

"What was that?" oikawa heard you but he pretended that he didn't.

"Nothing, follow me, Oikawa."

"Call me Tooru, hot stuff." he said.

You gagged mentally, "Okay, Oikawa. Follow me this way." you replied.

Oikawa smiled, following after you with his hands in his pockets.