chapter forty nine

Start from the beginning

"So there's like a lineup of people who would like to see you but are a bit afraid to go through Natalie first." Clay said and Justin chucked. "I've organized a list and given time limits."

Natalie let's out a small giggle. "Of course you have."

"Bring it on." Justin smiled.

"I'll send in the first appointment." Natalie said as she stood up, kissing his head once before walking out to let Alex and Charlie in.

"He made me." Alex chuckled as he brought in a giant bear.

"Nat said no flowers so I had to improvise." Charlie shrugged.

"So, giant bears. Basically the same thing." Alex laughed as they sat down to talk to Justin.

Nora agreed to let her do school from online until Justin was out of the hospital. Under one occasion being she had to come home and shower once a day, she stared at a picture of them next to her bed with her hair dripping onto her clothes. What if this was the end for them? What if she was gonna raise their child all by herself and lose another important person in her life?

"I don't know why this has happened, but I probably deserve it"

"He was just ashamed, okay?" Natalie explained to Clay from across the table in the waiting room. "That's probably why he didn't tell you."

"I wouldn't have judged." Clay shakes his head.

"It's not that. It just took him time to deal with what was." Natalie said as Charlie walked over to her, handing him the phone.

"Zach's downstairs, says he can't come in." Charlie shakes his head as Natalie stood up, knowing she wasn't gonna risk Zach not saying goodbye to his best friend.

"Hey, what the fuck?" Natalie asks as she saw Zach sitting on a bench outside as she approaches him. "Get upstairs."

"I can't, Nat. I just, you know, me and hospitals." Zach shook his head.

"You have to go inside." Natalie takes a deep breath.

"You were with me when I watched my dad die in this hospital." Zach looked his head down in shame.

"So did Charlie's mom. So did Hannah and Bryce when they were rushed here. We have lost so many people. And right now Justin is really sick upstairs and if you don't see him, you're gonna regret it for the rest of your life."

"I can't, Nat." Zach shakes his head quickly before standing up and walking out.

"I love you." Justin said as he played with Natalie's hair as she laid her head on the bed, keeping eye contact.

"I love you too." Natalie shook her head as she smiled at him.

"I'm sorry if I leave you with the baby alone." Justin says with a guilty face.

"Justin, you're not going anywhere." Natalie took a deep breath.

"Natalie, baby. We have to have a plan, okay?" Justin looked at her. "I already requested that all of the money the Jensen's were to spend on my college goes to you and the baby."