If you're wondering how did they forced Emma to come with them... well, Athanasia begged her..

"I was about to say that.." Myles scoffed, then pointed behind him. "I'll go over there and... you two just look wherever you want."

"Yeah, yeah. Now shoo!" Emma waved him off, she was about to go start looking but she stopped at eyed at Helena who looked worried. "You okay?"

"I-I'm fine.." Helena nodded with a smile. "Just go, I'll be looking for Joshua over there.."

Emma hesitated for a while then walk off with a huff. Helena watched the older walk away until she cannot be seen, she let out a shaky breath looking around before leaving and start looking.

She looked around some of the places that Joshua might be in and some secret places that Joshua told her when they were still in good terms. But she still have nothing.

Helena let out a defeated sigh, leaning on the glass pane of a fast food restaurant where Joshua stole the sign on his door. Where did he even go?

She closed her eyes and instantly turn around to see if Joshua's just following her around and teasing her. But there's nothing but a bunch of people crossing over the crosswalk and there's no way that Joshua's going to tease her after what happened yesterday.

The sun was began to set but there's still nothing, no one texted her that they have found Joshua. This made her angry and worried at the same time, where did he even hide, what is he even doing and why is he like this?!

With a huff, Helena dialed Joshua's number and decided to call him, but,

'The number you have dialed in either unattended or out of coverage area, please try again later.'

"Ugh!!" Helena groaned in anger, almost throwing her phone to the river down the hill but then she saw a very familiar ravenette sitting at the riverbank.

Anger and relief surge in her as she saw Joshua at the riverbank with eyes closed as the wind gently hit his face. Helena immediately ran down the hill and gave the older a kick on the side.

Joshua let out a groan, rolling away after the kick that the younger gave.

"WHAT THE FU- H-Helena?!!" Joshua blinked in confusion, his hand rubbing his hurting side. "What are you doing here?!"

"You idiot!!" Helena ignored his question. "Do you know how much I've worried about you and looked for you for hours?!! And you're here chilling with the fishes in the river!!!"

Joshua's eyes widened when he saw tears escaping her eyes. He can't help but feel guilty at what he did. He sadly look down, scratching his nape. "I-I'm sorry.."

"YOU SHOULD BE!!" Helena huffed, wiping her tears. "Why are you even here?!"

"I..." Joshua paused. "I just wanted to be myself... and also throw the garbage that I made years ago.."

Helena eyed at the bag behind the older that is full of torned papers which she assumed to be the papers that she saw yesterday.

"Why did you even want to throw them away, that's a waste.." Helena said. "W-Why did you even stop being what you are in the past..? isn't that cool, a handsome and famous guy with such brains like Einstien's."

Joshua rolled his eyes in annoyance, scoffing. "Even if I will go back to what I really am... I still get nothing but disapproving and hateful eyes.."

Helena paused, hearing what Joshua said made her remember about his family yesterday then the torn papers and broken trophies in his room. So.. that's why..

"Even if I became a successful person, I still can't get the 'I'm proud of you' from my dad.. even if I'm good at sports, I still can't get the 'You're so cool nii-san!!' from my younger brother... and.." Joshua paused, recalling the harsh voice of his mother that is always making his heart break into million pieces. "And... a-and.. even if I tried my best.. I-I still can't get the... 'I love you' from my mom..."

Helena's heart broke at the sight of Joshua crying in front of her. She gritted her teeth, imagining the Joshua in the past who is hardworking just to get his family's attention but still failed. Just imagining that made her want to beat their faces for giving Joshua this kind of life that he don't deserve.

He only wants his family's love. Nothing more, nothing less..

"I gave everything I had to make everyone love me... but why.. why I still have no one?! do I not deserve it?" Joshua cried more. "Do I really deserve to be alone and not get the love that I want?! Why does everyone not love me?!! Why-"

"Don't say that!!"

Joshua look up to face the younger, his eyes widened when he saw her crying in front of him.

"Say that again or I will beat the shit out of you!!" Helena yelled, her fist clenching in anger. "How could you say that?! You have the whole school praising for your good looks and your sense of humour, despite of having a lot of fights, Lucas and Myles didn't leave you. Joshua, you have friends who love you for whatever you are... Athy and Emma also love you, even if Emma's acting like she hate you but she cares for you.. a lot.. and me.. I-I love you too.. even if you're a deliquent that don't want to study or a hardworking person, I still love you.. so please... Joshua, don't ever say that again, that no one loves you because we're all here for you..."

Joshua stood there, frozen. The past that he always hated slowly disappearing like air and all he could focus is this girl in front of him, pulling him out of his dark cocoon and showed him what his real family is.

Ah.. why did I not think of this...

Helena slowly walked towards Joshua, her hands made it's way to his chest, shoulders, to his wet cheeks, carressing it gently as if it was glass. She was smiling at him so beautifuly, even with those tears that is covering her beautiful eyes, she still manage to be this beautiful.

"I love you, Joshua.." She whispered. "So much.. so please don't ever think that you're not loved.."

Tears filled his eyes again as he slowly nodded. Helena slowly pulled him down to make their lips touch. Joshua almost immediately kissed back, melting into the soft touch that the younger gave. His hands gently made it's way to her small waist, pulling her closer. The kiss was slow but it was filled with love and care.

The two let go, gold met emerald. Joshua look down to Helena with wide eyes, realizing what they did. He felt his cheeks heat up and his heart beating like crazy, he don't know what to do but hugged the younger closer to cover his red face.

Helena hugged back, carressing Joshua's back to calm him down. "Everyone loves you okay... your family don't deserve anything from you.."

Joshua nodded slightly, hugging the younger tight. "Helena.." He called.

Helena let out a hum as a response, snuggling closer to the older for warmth.

"Let's stay like this for a while.."

Helena softly smiled and nodded. "Okay.."

I've finally accepted love from someone I love. ”

A T T E N T I O N
chapt. 14