𝟬𝟬𝟭 destructive impulses

PROM QUEEN: DESTRUCTIVE IMPULSES

PROM QUEEN:
DESTRUCTIVE IMPULSES.

     ANNABELLE MONROE often wondered how entirely different her life could've been if she hadn't been born into a wealthy family where her whole life had already been planned out for her before she even got the chance to take her first breath of air

People in the Outer Banks almost always had something to say about her whether it was good or bad. She was a spoiled, rich girl who had always gotten anything she desired handed to her. Her name itself would often leave a sour aftertaste in the mouths of those who didnt belong in the same social class as she did. Her reputation on Figure Eight, however, now that was a completely different story. See, she was praised on her side of the island, bowed down to like she was some sort of goddess who possessed this significant aura that swooned people in, casting them under her spell and leaving them trapped in her own bubble, left to admire the raven-haired girl.

Her whole life, assuming she wasnt in the same room as her older sister, she'd been the centre of attention. Everyone would always keep a close eye on her, observing every tiny aspect that there was. All of the middle-aged women, alongside her mother, would constantly analyze her posture, making sure that it was always perfect. No slouching, ever! It was strictly frowned upon and it was never allowed. And to make matters worse, if she wasn't wearing a designer dress, tailored to fit her, she'd be called classless. Because in the world of the rich, what mattered the most was how well families cleaned up. Manners werent important. No, what mattered was how much one was worth. It was a world where flaunting money was necessary in order to remain at the top of the social status.

So Annabelle was accustomed to the attention. She was used to getting judged by the older generations because that's apparently what their purpose on the planet was. No one had ever considered her feelings, ever. Her entire childhood had been yanked from her grasp before she could even think twice, forcing her to grow up quicker than any toddler on the planet should ever have to.

All the scolding she received as a child, all of the dirty looks, the pressure to be perfect...all of it had played a role in destroying any humility the girl once obtained. She remembered the long battle she fought, hoping to avoid turning into the spoiled brat that she was always destined to become. In the end, she ended up realizing that it would always be her against the world, and because of that, she knew that she'd never be able to acquire the strength to defeat it all on her own, so she was forced to forfeit. She pushed her feelings to the side and became the person she never wanted herself to be.