𝟬𝟬𝟬 prologue

PROM QUEEN: PROLOGUE

PROM QUEEN:
PROLOGUE.

     IF THERE WAS ONE thing that Annabelle Monroe wished to have taken from her in that moment, it would definitely have to be her life

     IF THERE WAS ONE thing that Annabelle Monroe wished to have taken from her in that moment, it would definitely have to be her life. That way, she wouldn't have to sit through the stiff silence that consumed every perimeter of the room, making her stomachache even worse than it had originally been. It was already bad enough that she was sat in between both her parents inside of the principal's office, but to make matters completely worse, she was well aware that she was the least favorite child when it came to her and her older sister. That meant that she was watched like a hawk a majority of the time. She constantly got into trouble, but all she'd get was a slight slap on the wrist. However, she wasn't exactly sure whether she'd be getting off the hook this time, so she was mentally crossing her fingers, praying that she would.

Because of how differently the Monroe's treated their two daughters, Annabelle and her older sister didn't exactly have the best relationship, a bond was nonexistent between the two. Ever since they were toddlers, everything between them seemed to be a never-ending competition. Whether it was who was the fastest runner, all the way up to who had the most guys begging for their attention. Unfortunately for Annabelle, Athena always came in first place at the end of each competition. She was the golden child who could do no wrong in anyone's eyes. Even when she did make some pretty dumb choices, her parents didn't scold her. No, they would turn a blind eye and act as if she was perfect in every aspect. Annabelle loathed Athena for that because it only meant that their parents were always keeping a close eye on her, and only her. The image Athena Monroe had perfected at a young age, was the same image that Sandra and Sebastian Monroe wished their youngest daughter would strive for.

But that wasn't who Annabelle was. Not in the slightest. See, she was an irresponsible sixteen-year-old girl who could give less of a damn about school or her grades, let alone the curfew that her parents had implemented on her a few weeks ago. She was way more interested in swiping her credit card to purchase anything her heart desired. Money was the one thing that her parents never failed to offer her. It was as if she was getting paid for being the least favorite child, but Anabelle didn't mind at all. Sure she was spoiled and all, but until the privilege of getting all the money in the world handed to her came to an end, she'd continue pissing her parents off whenever the chance slid her way.