Chapter ten: Would i lie to you?

Start from the beginning

"Who would dare?" Sasuke scowled. Sakura looked up at Naruto. The blonde simply stared at the red ink. His mind racing. It was time for Sakura to do what she did best.

"It's nothing but a scare tactic. To rile us up" Sakura spoke calmly. Trying to ease tensions.

"Well it's worked" Naruto said bitterly, making his way towards the body. The acting Hokage suddenly pulled out a small pocket knife from his person. Using it to cut down the body from the rafters. Sakura quickly stepped in to lift the body down to the floor before it could fall.

"He shouldn't of been hanging there as long as he did" Naruto spoke dryly, looking at the ground.

"Show him some respect" and with that, Naruto left the room. Stepping outside. Sakura assumed it was best to let him be at this time. Let him gather his emotions.

She turned towards Kakashi and spoke. "We should speak to the wife, her information at this stage would be invaluable" she suggested. Kakashi gave a nod in agreement.

"That's very true Sakura" he said. " you and Sasuke should speak to the wife." He finished. The two Shinobi turned to argue.

"Why us?" Sasuke exclaimed. "You should be there to Kakashi" he nagged. Obviously uncomfortable to be speaking with the grief ridden wife himself. Kakashi took the pressure off of Sasuke to act like a regular human being.

"Mm" Kakashi pondered. "No I need to take care of some business" he hurried his words, and took his exit before Sasuke could argue any further.

"Jerk" He muttered under his breath. He followed Sakura, who was already on her way towards the adjoining dining room. Sakura knew she would be the one to take the role of 'comforting caretaker' towards the most likely grieving widow.

There house was rather nice for the area. Not that it was a particularly dingy area of the village, about south west of the village. But the homes around these parts were older, would have been originally built after the great battle between Naruto and Pain.

There were traditional tatami mat flooring throughout the lower level. And the walls had a grey toned wallpaper plastered over top. A few black and white photographs were displayed as well. For what Sakura could tell, it appeared to be family photos of a young girl and her parents. Or she assumed anyway.

And there at the antique dining table, sat the grieving widow. Although to Sasuke's obvious relief she didn't appear to be distraught. Well her makeup was a mess with clear signs of crying. But she was in the 'shock' period of mourning. And that was easier for them to handle.

"Hello Miss Miura." Sakura greeted her kindly.

"Oh please call me Sachiko." The Widow spoke softly. Making no real eye contact with either of them. Just staring off into the distance.

She looked to be in her mid 60's, her dark brown hair styled into a classic bun and accompanying broach. Wearing what appeared to be a night gown and robe. Her face looked tired and gaunt. Likely damaged from long time use of makeup and product. Hollow cheeks and thin lips have her a rather off putting vibe. Sakura thought for sure the neighbouring children would have call her a Witch.

"Sachiko" Sakura corrected herself, "please accept our most sincere condolences. Your husbands duties in the ANBU will not be forgotten" she reassured Sachiko. And Sasuke couldn't help but admire his teammate. She was so kind towards others. A trait that Sasuke was begging to admire just as much as strength or speed.