➤ sixteen . . .

Start from the beginning

•❅─────✧❅✦❅✧─────❅•

3 hours of rest, you decided to leave the clinic to go to the lobby where they will announce the next task. 

You entered the huge lobby and was greeted by students who were tired from practicing. You look around and saw your friends running towards you.

"Y/N! Are you okay?! I heard that someone brought you to the clinic?!"

"Why did you fainted?! Are you already okay?!" They bombarded you with questions, making you giggle softly.

"I'm fine, I'm fine." You reassured them, waving your hands as you gave them a closed-eye smile.

"It seems all of you are here." Dojima said, making them anxious even more.

"Not again!" Marui muttered, slightly shivering.

"Before I get into why you're here, I'd like to say a few things."

"At this point in time, 352 students have dropped out, and only 628 students remain. This may seem cruel, but this training camp is a microcosm of what it means to choose cooking as your career." Dojima said, looking around.

"Blah blah blah. Just get to the point and show the foods that you all made already." You muttered under your breathe, getting bored by listening to his statement. The others glance at you, scared for your possible future with Dojima. 

"What do you mean foods that they made? How did you know, though?" They asked.

"Oh, Shinomiya-senpai told me!" You answered, giving them a small smile while tilting your head a bit.

"Eh? When did you and Shinomiya-senpai got close-"

"-This life is akin to wandering alone through a wind-torn barren wasteland. The more you climb, the more you will stumble, and the more your goal will become unclear. I wish all of you the best of luck from the bottom of my heart!" Dojima exclaimed louder to gain the attention of the others who were murmuring in the back.

"Now then, let us begin the final program of this camp."

"I knew it!" Whispers filled the lobby. The door flung opened, the others let out a squeal but was greeted by the staffs that were lined up.

"Welcome!" The staff shouted in unison.

"The final program consists of a modest banquet to celebrate the conclusion of the training camp. We will have all of you enjoy a full course meal prepared by the alumni." The alumnis were holding one of the dishes that they made.

"Let me now say to all 628 of you who survived: Congratulations for passing the training camp! Enjoy to your heart's content!" Dojima exclaimed, pointing at the long table filled with various of foods. The students started shouting because of joy, some of them sighing in relief knowing that they passed and they weren't dropped out.

"Congratulations to us." You told your friends and let out an eye-closed smile, delighted that all of you survived this hellish camp.

——————————

"Oh, so this is where your diner is! It's pretty cozy and nice." You mumbled softly, looking around Yukihira's place.