Chapter 1 - Yesterday?

Start from the beginning

"You run with me" A couple of trolls pulls Branch up

"Woah woah what are you guys-" Branch got cut of by the trolls literally throwing him "AHHH-"

"And we can catch you free" Branch's fall got saved by a trampoline, making him bounce up and down

"Out of the drudgery and walls you keep in"

"So trade that typical, for something colorful"

"And if it's crazy, live a little crazy"

"You can play it sensible, a king of conventional" Branch struggles trying to get out of the trampoline as the trolls continued singing

"Or you can risk it all and see~"

"Don't you wanna get away!" A bomb of glitter shoots up in the sky

"From the same old part you gotta play"

End me Branch silently said to himself

"Cause I got what you need, so come with me and take a ride"

"It'll take you to the other side"

"Cause you can do like you do, or you can do like me"

"Stay in a cage, or you'll finally take the key"

"Oh, damn! Suddenly you're free to fly"

"It'll take you to the other side"

Finally, the trolls finished singing with a large "The Other Side" written in glitter up in the sky with confetti's.

"Hah, great job everyone" a male troll said. "You can go back and do whatever you wanna do while I have a quick talk to my son"

the trolls nodded and went their separate ways together.

"What do you want?" Branch gets up and tries to maintain his balance. "To pity my sad life?" he guessed

"You know full well that I don't do that" his dad reassured him. "Just wanted to ask why you acted all happy suddenly yesterday, and now you aren't?"

Branch looks up at the blue troll. "Yesterday?" he asked.

The troll nodded in reply. "Don't you remember? You acted like the rest of them"

Branch stared at him doubtfully. "I don't ever remember- never mind" he shrugs it off and heads back home. It was until his bracelet ding!'ed

"You know what that sound is. Why not give your dad a hug?" his dad forms his hands up for a hug

Branch stops his footsteps. He sighs and came and gave his dad a hug

"That's the spirit" his dad patted Branch's back

Suddenly, Branch thought about the voice he heard from the woods. It doesn't hurt to ask, right?

"Um," Branch lets go of the hug

"What is it?"

"Are there other trolls who, y'know, go deep into the woods?" Branch asks.

"I don't think so, why?" his dad raises an eyebrow

"Then, what if you hear a voice but nobody was there?" Branch asks again.

Branch's dad paused for a second

"Dad?"

"Sorry Branch, I just remembered I had to do something" his dad replied.

"Right, your king duty for Popville huh?" Branch slightly furrows his eyes a bit. "See you then I guess" he sighs, turning back and headed home for reals.

After not a long walk, Branch entered his home

"You're back early" his grandma said

"Yeah, uh, I'm just too tired" Branch sighed. "Think I'll just spend the rest of the day in my room" he heads to his room door.

Branch grabs his diary and sat down on a chair next to his desk. He opens the book and turned pages to pages, until one page caught his attention. 

"The trolls were nice, up-beat, amazing, nice, and enthusiastic! There's just one thing that bothered me is that they look a bit surprised when I get all happy and-" Branch immediately closes his diary and didn't bother reading the rest.

"Uh- what?" Branch didn't remember ever writing that. He simply just assumed that he slept wrote, or whatever.

He closed his diary and hopped on his bed.

He pulled his hand up, looking at his hug bracelet. Suddenly, he feels an intense headache and some sort of memory flashing. He hears an unfamiliar voice in his head.

"Do I know you?"

"I haven't seen you before"

"What's your name?"

Branch holds his head and groaned in pain. He tried calming down and took a deep breath. Eventually, his headache stopped.

"Jeez" he sighs.

He wraps his blanket on his body.

Not too long until he felt liquid on his eyes.

"Tears?" Branch sat up and wiped them off, but they keep coming and coming. "Oh stop it!" he wipes his face from the tears that keeps falling out of his eyes.

That's where I realized.. There's this feeling inside of me, locked up. I don't know what, I don't know why, but things changed since then..