"Hey, look at that guy over there. He's so handsome right? Is he one of the knights? "

"Maybe? Look at the lady beside him. I think that's his master."

"Yeah, I think so too. Ahh, he's so handsome. If that man is going to be my husband, then there is nothing that I could wish for."

Khione heard the girls talking then she look at Zachary who's currently finishing his cotton candy.

"You're now becoming famous here Zach." she said still with the bland expression on her face.

Zachary raised his eyebrows looking wondered with what she says.

Khione pointed her finger at the group of girls who is still looking at them and talking about him.

"They are talking about your looks, they said that you are handsome."

He looked at the girls who's Khione is pointing her fingers at. But then he looked back at her with a look that's saying he doesn't care.

"How about you? Do you think I'm handsome too?" Zachary looked at her curiously, like that is the only answer he cares about.

"Of course, you're very handsome compared to other men and also very talented especially in using swords."

Zachary feels a burning sensation on his cheeks and immediately looked away to cover his face that is now turning red.

He cleared his throat before talking again to avoid stuttering, but he still did. "A-ahm." Out of embarrassment, he immediately stood up and pointed at the stage where the people are now gathering.

"I think they are now going to start the play, let's go." He gently grabbed Khione's hand and they went to where the play is being held.

There are too many people and it is hard for the both of them to watch, they can't even use their ability since they are hiding their true identity from other people especially Zachary.

Even though Khione is taller than other girls, she still can't see the stage since some people are standing on the crates and stools to watch.

She is trying her best to see what's in front but she failed. Zachary saw her situation and lifted her up to his shoulders.

"Hey, what are you doing Zach?"

She was surprised with what he did especially now that she is wearing a dress.

"It's ok, I didn't peek." He answered laughing. "Can you see it now?" He asked.

Khione looked at the stage watching the play.

One man is courting a woman and gave her a box with a gift inside. The woman opened it and saw a hairpin with a blue gemstone in it just like the one that Khione has.

"Did you see the hairpin? it's similar to what we bought." Zachary said.

Khione looked at the hairpin carefully and it's true that they are similar.

The woman was shocked when she saw the gift that the man gave.

"Oh my lady, this is the hairpin of love. The blue gemstone is the heart of the dragon that I killed to show you how much I love you."

The woman was touched with what the man gave, she leaned towards the man and gave him a sweet and passionate kiss.

As Zachary is watching the play, Khione took the hairpin from her hair and look at it.

"They said that if a man gave a lady that hairpin, it means that they will be together forever."

Both of them heard what the lady beside them said.

Khione immediately got down from his shoulders and gave the hairpin back to Zachary.

"Why are you returning this to me?" he asked with a wondering look on his face.

"I heard what the lady said, if you gave me this then we will be together forever."

Zachary leaned closer to her with only an inch apart. "Then that is good, since I want to be with you forever."

Khione didn't respond since she didn't know what he is talking about.

"You still don't get it?" He leans closer to her and gently holds her hands. "Khione, I love you. I'm in love with you and now I'm trying to suppress myself from kissing you since I know that it's disrespectful for me to do it. Seeing you in that beautiful dress, it makes me crazy. But, I don't want to ruin the relationship that we have now that is why I kept it from you, and now I think that this is the time that I should confess my love to you. I don't want to have regrets in the future that is why I'm telling you this right now." He took a deep breath before saying the word that he wants to say.

"I love you Khione."

They are now the center of attention, even the play stopped because of his confession. Most of the villagers were touched by it, some were feeling envy and also want to have someone confessed to them.

The villagers, especially Zachary are now only waiting for the response of Khione. He was so nervous and at the same time scared of her rejection.

"Zach, I have a question." She now finally talked.

"What is it?" He asked with a look hoping that she accepts it.

"As I was listening to what you are saying a while ago, something makes me curious."

"And that is?"

Everyone is silent and waiting for her to talk.

"What is love?" she asked, confused of what he is talking about.

People around them were dumbfounded because of what she said, it is far away from what they are expecting, but only Zachary has an odd expression. He smiled and laughed a little because he understands her. He knows that Khione doesn't know what love means just like him at first.

He gently holds her hand and put it in his chest. "Can you feel it? The beating of my heart?"

Khione nod as an answer as she felt the fast beating of his heart.

"This heart beats fast whenever I'm with you and whenever I think of you. I always feel that I want to take care of you, to make you my priority. Whenever you are happy, I'm happy. You're happiness is my happiness, that's what love is Khione" he answered and gave her a warm smile.

Khione nods looking like she finally understood it's meaning.

"But what if I don't feel the same way?" She asked looking sorry because of the situation.

"Then I will wait until you feel the same way." He said and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

Khione smiled and hugged him. "Please wait for me, I also want to feel what you feel about me." She said.

The two of them hugged each other like there are no people around them, like they have their own world.

The festival ended with them being the talk of the whole village.

***

Sorry for the very late update, it's because of my very tight schedule especially my OL class.
You can follow me on my instagram account "kaye_arci" to know about me, the author.

KillerKnight