Chapter 41 (edited)

Start from the beginning

Ross patched me through to whoever sent us the supply. "Go ahead." She handed me the receiver like phone.

I anxiously took it from her and held it to my ear. Is it some Xingease official?

I listened as it rang.

I stiffened as someone picked up. "This is Colonel Roy Mustang speaking." I introduced myself. "I'm honoured to have your support." I spoke expecting someone royal.

The person on the other end laughed. "Man, who's ass do you think you're kissing?"

My face dropped as the voice spoke, I suddenly felt embarrassed.

"I'd preferred if we kept things casual, Colonel."

I grunted. Havov????

"Over eighty years in business, we offer every thing you could possibly need. From underwear to arms and we're just a phone call away. This is Havoc, your neighbourhood General store."

My face lit up. "Jean Havoc?!"

The rest of the Mustang squad stood surprised.

"So who do I send the bill to?"

"The office of the Furher, and start a tab." I replied.

"How's it going down there?"

I sighed. "Everything's going as planned, so far anyways."

"Everyone's with you?" Referring to the Mustang squad.

"Not exactly. We're short three." I rubbed my neck.

"I'll say." He sounded annoyed. "I saw Devlin on her way over there."

I flinched as he spoke.

"She was there?!" I almost yelled.

"Ya! And she told me what you did!"

My face dropped once again and I was reminded of the choice I had to make. My heart stiffened as I remembered that the decision was never mine to make.

"And what the hell? How could you do that?"

I sighed harshly, turning away from the people staring at me. "It's complicated. The decision wasn't exactly mine-" I paused. "Well anyways, it's good to hear from you." I changed the subject. "Thank you for getting us this stuff."

"Eh, I had to help somehow right?"

"Really, I appreciate it." I showed my appreciation for the gesture.

We talked for a few more minutes before I had to hang up. We needed to move quickly.

"So I think something might happen between Major Miles and Devlin."

My heart sank and I stopped in my tracks. I quickly looked over at Rebecca and Hawkeye.

Hawkeye looked unamused and annoyed with the conversation.