Prologue

We have all heard the story of Romeo and Juliet, the star crossed lovers, who were destined to die apart but be united upon death.

But have we heard of the tale of the brave princess who crossed all boundaries to seek her true love, many, many years after the passing of Romeo and Juliet after the greatest love story we have known has swept the land, all maidens heads filled with the notion of a love so true, so pure that the only way to profess their undying love to one another was through death.

Whilst this was the most coveted and sought-after notion in the land, as all maidens wanted to feel as loved and cherished as Juliet has felt once, for her eternal love Romeo.

Deep in a palace of a land unknown to most mankind of the modern era, lay a princess on her bed, surrounded by hundreds of books.

Books that spoke of true love, of romance, of passion, a passion that no innocent maiden should think of until her faithful wedding night.

There on a bed surrounded by books that spoke of adventures and passion that she could only dream of lay Princess Elita, a Princess very few knew existed, for you see Princess Elita was not a princess the king and queen were proud of.

They were more than happy to get Eilta all the 'stupid, little books', she wanted, as they so kindly put it.

A back story on the King and the Queen, unlike most rulers who want only sons to one day take over the kingdom and rule as their parents has once ruled, no they had other ideas.

The king and queen were rather brilliant to have thought differently from the rest, for you see their plan was to have an array for daughters, each bestowed with the title of a princess.

The rather cunning yet brilliant plan of the royal highnesses the king and the queen was that, why should they have a son that will simply take the kingdom from them, when they could have daughters and marry them of to influential kings or princes alike, that way multiple kingdoms will be joined through the union of marriage, and the King and Queen will get to rule a greater land, a more influential land, one with many allies.

This was a fool proof plan until the queen bared a child that did not look quite the same as her other daughters, as you could guess by now, this was Princess Elita.

Whilst the other Princesses were born with a tuft of golden hair, with perfect porcelain skin, and soft delicate features, whose beauty could be seen in the face of a child.

Elita looked quite different, with pitch black hair, golden brown skin and soft freckles on her face, it was questioned as to how Elita could look so different to both the king and the Queen, for both had blonde hair, pale skin, and crystal, icy blue eyes. Eyes rumoured to be as cold as their hearts.

Elita appeared to take after the Kings Mother, the late Queen Ariana, a kind-hearted women, one who cared for all of the land as though a part of her family. The late Queen passed on when the then prince, now King was a young boy, not even 6 years of age. With the passing of the Queen Ariana, the late King started to neglect his land, his family, everything, and eventually lay to perish with his wife whom he missed terribly.

At the time the King was but 12 years of age, this was when the thrown was thrust upon him, not ready for the responsibility it held, the kings unlce took the thrown until such time he saw fit that he was able to rule the land.

The king was raised by many servants, governesses, tutors, butlers and by the uncle he so very rarely saw. Upon turning 21 the king was bestowed with the crown and from that days onwards was the ruler to all.

The king was not as kind as the ones before, but he was not cruel, he did provide for his people, and was fair and just in the manner in which he ruled the land.

This was the way the land was ruled until a fair maiden with a fair resemblance won the kings heart over, a short few weeks after meeting the kingdom had a new queen.

The new queen was cruel, cold and calculated, not a strand of hair out of place, not a single wrinkle on her silken gowns. She left much to be desired for in a queen, she did not care of the people, or the land, nor did she pretend to care. Under the influence of his new queen the king, once a neutral ruler, was ruling the land with an iron fist.

As Elita grew it could be seen that her resemblance to the late Queen Ariana was more and more pronounced. This was a fact that the king and queen could not stand, they wanted perfection, and would time and again try compare Elita to her 3 older sisters.

As Elita the youngest of the Princesses has turned 20, the king and queen decided it was time to get the princesses married off.