chapter 2

"That's it. Come on, now. Come closer. Less talking, if you don't mind. I got a real treat for you today. A great lesson. So follow me. Right, you lot. Less chattering. Form a group over there. And open your books to page 49"  Hagrid said.

"Exactly how do we do that?" Draco asked.

"Just stroke the spine, of course. Goodness me" Hagrid responded.

I stroked the spine of my book and opened it to page 49. Neville was on the floor being attacked by his book.

"Don't be such a wimp, Longbottom" Draco said and I shoved him.

"Don't be so rude, Draco" I say.

"I'm okay. Okay" Neville said and I kneeled down, stroking the spine of his book.

"Let me help" I say, helping him up.

"Thanks" Neville said.

I nodded my head and stood next to Bucky and Loki.

"I think they're funny" I heard Hermione say.

"Oh, yeah. Terribly funny. Really Witty. God, this place has gone to the dogs. Wait until father hears Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes" Draco said.

"Shut up, Malfoy" Harry said and I moved forward.

Draco did his owl hoot laugh, giving his bag to Crabbe and taking a few steps forward.

"D-Dementor! Dementor!" Draco yelled and Harry turned around in a panic to see nothing there.

Hermione pulled Harry away from Draco.

"Just ignore him" Hermione said.

"You're supposed to stroke it" Ron said to Neville.

"Yeah"

"Isn't he beautiful? Say hello to Buckbeak" Hagrid said and I paid attention.

"Hagrid, exactly what is that?" Ron asked.

"That, Ron, is a hippogriff. First thing you wanna know about hippogriffs is that they're very proud creatures. Very easily offended. You do not want to insult a hippogriff. It may just be the last thing you ever do. Now, who'd like to come and say hello?" everyone backed away but I stepped forward.

"I'd like to" I say, raising my hand.

"Y/N, are you sure?" Loki asked, Bucky looking at me.

"I can handle Malfoy, I think I'm fine" I say and everyone around me chuckled.

Draco gave me a look.

 "Well done, Y/N. Well done. Come on now. Now... you have to let him make the first move. It's only polite. So... step up. Give him a nice bow. Then you wait and see if he bows back. If he does, you can go and touch him. If not... well, we'll get to that later. Just make your bow. Nice and low"  Hagrid said and I bowed low, looking at Buckbeak. Buckbeak goes crazy for some reason "Back off, Y/N. Back off" Hagrid said and I took a step back, purposefully stepping on a twig "Keep still. Keep still" Hagrid said and Buckbeak bowed "Well done, Y/N. Well done. Here, you big brute, you" Hagrid gave Buckbeak something to eat "Right. I think you can go and pat him now. Go on. Don't be shy. Nice and slow, now. Nice and slow. Slow. Not so fast, Y/N. Slow down, Y/N. That's it... nice and slow. Now let him come to you. Slowly, now, slowly, slowly... that's it... Yes! Well done! Well done, Y/N, well done!" Hagrid said after I slowly moved towards Buckbeak, letting him touch my hand before I stroke him "I think he may let you ride him now" Hagrid said.

"Okay. I'll get on him myself, please don't pick me up" I say and Hagrid nodded.

I touched Buckbeak's wings and he went down so I could sit on him.

"Okay, let's go now, Buckbeak. Come on" I say and he starts flying.

I feel so free and once I'm out of sight I get off of him and fly next to him. He looks at me confused and I sit back on him, letting him take us back to the others.

"Well done, Y/N, and well done, Buckbeak" Hagrid said as I got off of Buckbeak, everyone swarming me.

"That was wicked, Y/N!" Ron said and I high-fived him.

"Oh, please" I heard Draco say.

"Well done, well done. How am I doing me first day?" Hagrid asked.

"Brilliant, professor" I say and he smiles.

"Yes you're not dangerous at all, are you, you great ugly brute!" Draco said walking forward.

"Malfoy, no..."  Hagrid said "No!" Hagrid yelled but Buckbeak went crazy and attacked Draco "Buckbeak! Whoa, whoa, whoa... Whoa! Buckbeak! Away, you silly creature!" Hagrid said and I moved Buckbeak away, quickly going to Draco.

"It's killed me! It's killed me!" Draco said.

"Calm down! It's just a scratch!" Hagrid said.

"Everyone shut up!" I yelled and everyone got quiet "Draco, show me your arm" I say but he shakes his head "Give me your arm" I say and he shows me the scratch "Loki, hold him up. Bucky, hold his arm still" I say and they both come to me, doing as I said.

I started healing his scratch, not all the way but enough for it to stop bleeding. Everyone was talking again and looking at me using my powers.

"Hagrid! He has to be taken to the hospital" Hermione said.

"I'm the teacher. I'll do it" Hagrid said.

"Oh, you're gonna regret this" Draco said as Hagrid picked him up bridal style.

"Class dismissed!" he yelled.

"You and your bloody chicken!" Draco said and I rolled my eyes.

~~~~~

"Does it hurt terribly, Draco?" I heard Pansy ask.

"It comes and it goes. Still, I consider myself lucky. Madam Pomfrey said another minute and I could've lost my arm. I couldn't do homework for weeks" Draco said.

"Listen to the idiot. He's really laying it on thick, isn't he?" Ron said and I chuckled.

"At least Hagrid didn't get fired" Harry said.

"Yeah but I heard Draco's father's furious. We haven't heard the end of this" Hermione said.

"Oh, please. Lucius can act as though he's scary but he's a coward, like Lockhart" I say.

"He's been sighted! He's been sighted!" Seamus said.

"Who?" Ron asked as we looked at a newspaper.

"Sirius Black!" Seamus yelled.

"Dufftown? That's not far from here" Hermione said, worry in her voice.

"You don't think he'd come to Hogwarts, do you? With dementors at every entrance?" someone asked.

"Dementors? He's already slipped past them once. Who's to say he won't do it again?" Seamus said.

"That's right. Black could be anywhere. It's like trying to catch smoke. Like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands" someone else said.