twelve °

"shotaro i'm leaving!" hyejin called out as she left the house

"shotaro i'm leaving!" hyejin called out as she left the house. she was feeling all giddy and excited for where she was heading to.

in order to be friends with the boy from zoom, now known as doyoung, hyejin decided to return to the grocery store. although hyejin wasn't sure whether doyoung would be at the store or not, she figured there was a possibility that he could be there, and she didn't want to miss out on this opportunity to meet him.

hyejin skipped down the same street that she walked by yesterday, heartbeat increasing due to the excitement she was feeling. she couldn't wait to see him again, even if it was for one second.

and there he was, standing in front of the store the weak beam of sunlight shining onto his face made him seem like he was glowing, but with sweat. that didn't affect the heavenly sight one bit though.

"hey!" hyejin cheerfully called out as she walked towards the male in jumping-like steps. doyoung looked in her direction, eyed her for a second, then proceeded to turn back to the pile of groceries that he was sorting out previously.

confused by his actions, hyejin hurried her pace to him, only to be unfortunate enough and trip over a stone on the ground.

well we all know what happened next. hyejin's knees were scraped and blood came flowing out.

"ow!"

the yelp hyejin made from pain had caught the attention of doyoung once again, only that this time, he didn't ignore hyejin and came rushing up to her.

"oh thank y— no ow that shit hurts!"

"well then how about you do this yourself?"

"how about no?"

"then be grateful and stop whining."

"no."

"fuck you."

hyejin playfully stuck her tongue out at doyoung, who rolled his eyes in return. the two had been bickering, sounding like one of those old married couples.

after hyejin carelessly tripped and fell, doyoung assisted her to sit on a stool in the store while he went to get a first aid kit to treat her wounds. hyejin felt embarrassed that her encounter with doyoung started off like this, but felt thankful that he helped her with her wounds nonetheless.

while doyoung continued to disinfect hyejin's wounds, a wide grin was plastered across the girl's face. much to her satisfaction, she was able to talk with doyoung and befriend him.

"please don't run again because you seem like someone who sucks at sports," doyoung gently patted the bandage on hyejin's knees as he stood up.

"hey i'm not!" hyejin protested, arms akimbo.

"oh yeah? prove it."

hyejin's eyebrows furrowed. her competitive self was willing to do anything to prove doyoung wrong. or more like she just didn't want to lose in this argument, because she knew very well that he was actually right. she was not a sporty person at all.

"bring it on."

and there they were, sitting in the store, eyes locked while holding hands tightly. a fierce arm wrestling match was about to happen, and hyejin knew she was doomed. her arms seemed weak and powerless when compared with doyoung's.

"one, two, three!"

hyejin put all her strength onto her arm, and as expected, it didn't help much. both arms remained in the middle, wobbling here and there occasionally.

"how long is this going to last?"

"hyejin it's only been ten seconds."

hyejin groaned. her arms were aching more by each second, and she knew she would have to give up soon. her facial expression turned from a competitive, determined to win look to an uncomfortable one.

as if on cue, doyoung's grip loosened and his arm was suddenly powerless, letting hyejin easily win. the girl's look finally relaxed as she let go of doyoung's hand.

"congrats, you won," doyoung flashed a smile to her. "now since i lost, you can pick whatever you like in the store as a treat."

but hyejin knew too well that doyoung let her win. and that was true. upon seeing hyejin silently struggle in the match, doyoung felt bad for suggesting an arm wrestling match.

"why did you let me win? you were being serious and competitive when the match started."

"just because," doyoung paused for a second before continuing. "you're weak."

"i'm not!" hyejin raised her voice once again, making doyoung crack up in laughter. "fine, fine, you're not weak."

"that's more like it," hyejin let out a proud smile as she heard the male's response. "go pick something in the store, "

"there's no one at the cashier, i'll wait till the cashier comes back."

"i'm the cashier."

"what?" hyejin cried out in shock. she couldn't tell if doyoung was joking or not.

"this store is owned by my grandparents, and i help them with it,"

hyejin's lips formed an o shape, surprised with this new piece of information she just learnt about.

"now go, pick something and it'll be on me."

"you sure?"

"hundred percent sure."

sorry that there aren't as many texting parts in these few chapters!! and i missed this but happy jisung day <3