Chapter 1: The trip to the headmasters office

"Welcome, I am going to be honest with the 12 of you right now." Professor Ozpin said as teams RWBY, JNPR and CRDL took their seats, a small smile graced Ozpin's mouth, as it had not escaped his notice that miss Rose and mister Winchester had sat next to each other. 'Guess I owe Bart 20 lien, and here I was hoping for Whiterose to happen.' Despite loosing a bet with Dr. Oobleck not once did he allow a frown to form.

"What's the problem professor? Are we in trouble?" The question had nearly been swallowed by the ticking of the clock tower, but the immortal wizard noticed that Ruby had voiced the questions that everyone was thinking. His response was simple and to the point, "no miss Rose, none of you are in trouble. Although I will be with Oobleck if I don't pay him" the last part having been as quiet as a church mouse, but not quite enough for the hidden faunus Blake Belladonna from asking "what do you mean by 'not paying Dr. Oobleck' sir?"

"*chuckle* quite simple miss Belladonna, I lost a bet with the good doctor. And before any of you ask. No, I will not discuss the bet. As for the reason I called you here... there have been a large influx of Grimm and a unique power reading that. As some would say 'buried the needle.' I want the 12 of you to go to the Emerald forest, and investigate the source of the power readings, understood?"

"Yeah, but what about the Grimm, sir?" Cardin had raised a question that Ozpin had planned for. "Quite simple mr. Winchester, multiple teams of third and fourth year teams will be dispatched to combat the Grimm and destroy the source of the influx, do you have a problem with that?" Despite Ozpins best attempts the question was laced with snark and anger that didn't exist. "N-no professor, I wanted to just double check" fear dripped off of every word from Cardin and everyone could feel his fear.

"My apologies mr. Winchester, I didn't mean to intimidate you." No one had ever expected to hear THE professor Ozpin ever apologise, and yet, here he was, apologising for accidentally sounding threatening. "No apologies necessary sir." "Well students, you will leave under the supervision of Dr. Oobleck. Miss Rose?" Hearing how they would be under the supervision of the coffee addict known locally as Dr. Oobleck had caused a small groan to temporarily drown out the ticking of the clock but hearing the professor ask for Ruby made them a little worried.

"Yes professor?" "When you see the good doctor please give him this" he said as he slid a small envelope with the words 'For Dr. Bartholomew Oobleck's eyes only' "of course professor" "thank you miss Rose, and good luck on your mission you 12." 'I'd rather not deal with smug look on his face, if I can pawn off that job to one, or twelve of my students? A small price' the thought echoed across his mind as he watched the 12 students leave his office. "I truly hope this isn't one your idea's Salem, I truly truly hope."