Fed

*Mia's P.O.V*

I had decided to stick around Forks, finding the vampires I met interesting. I only knew the Jasper man's name but I wanted to know the blonde girl's name. She was the nicest one, in my opinion. All thought that opinion was just based on the fact she hadn't let the Jasper man keep me pinned against a tree by my throat. That might be a low bar for liking people but that was my bar and I quite liked it.

I wasn't sure I liked the people in Forks much either. I had heard their whispers about me when I walked down their streets, occasionally letting the people see me. They said I was pale, I looked ghoulish. I was pretty sure that was an insult but I didn't take it as one. I was quite sure that being ghoulish was better than being...human. Perhaps I just had bad interactions with them though.

I didn't remember much about being human. I knew I was one at one point. I don't remember anything except the crypt. I remember teeth, teeth sinking into my skin. On my arms, my legs, my neck. So much pain. So hard to breathe. And then...nothing. Nothing but waking up, the crypt being empty except for dead bodies.

The dead didn't do much. I thought they would but they just laid there...slowly turning into bones. Not that I minded the bones, they had eventually been what I used to dig my way out of the crypt. I had worn my nails down to practically nothing trying to dig away the dirt and debris that blocked the only entrance and exit.

I was pretty sure my fingers still had dirt under them. I shiver at the thought, leaning down to wash my hands in the river that I was sitting by. I didn't know if it counted as a river actually, I thought that it was more like a creek. I snag my journal right before it falls into the water, setting it back down on the rock I was sitting on.

My journal is old, almost falling apart at the seams. That sounds bad, but it's really not that bad. I've had it ever since I fed off a human a few weeks ago. I liked it, I liked the pen, I think that's what it's called, as well. I stare down at the page I was doodling on, realizing I've started drawing the blonde girl again. I've been trying to draw all the people I saw in that driveway and yet the only one I could draw in detail was her. Maybe because she seemed nice. I could draw the Jasper decently well but I didn't like doing that.

My head snaps up, hearing the sound of feet on leaves. I chameleon myself to blend in with the rock I am sitting on and the trees that are behind me. I stare across the creek, my entire body tensing when I see a blonde man. Another blonde man? There were far too many...I had just met one a week ago. One that I didn't particularly like.

He's holding something in his hand. A cup. I take a deep breath, my heart pounding in my chest as I smell blood. It smells...nice. I want it! I want the blood he has. I abandon my journal on the rock, crossing the creek as swiftly as possible. I practically slam into the man to get the cup away from him. He doesn't fight me, letting me take it.

I gulp down the blood, feeling some of it slide down my chin. I wipe it off, licking the blood off of my fingers. I glance at the man, feeling a small bolt of fear run through me as I've realized that I've lost my invisibility. I think I should be embarrassed but I was, and still am so hungry, I can't bring myself to be embarrassed.

"Do you want more?" He asks, making me nod. I was still very hungry. I didn't know how long it had been since I had last fed. I think like a month...I wasn't very good at finding people to feed on. I usually fed on people who were dying or were dead. It was hard to find those types of people just out and about. I wish they would be out and about more, I had been starving for so long.

The man gestures for me to follow him and despite knowing stranger danger, I decide to do so. He seemed nice and he had the same golden eyes as the blonde girl. The Jasper that had pinned me against a tree also had golden eyes but his were much much darker than this one's.

"My name is Carlisle," the man introduces himself. He leads me to a thicker area of the forest, leading me over to a deer. The deer looks like it was taken by surprise and there was blood pooling around the neck. I look to Carlisle, who nods and I kneel down next to it, latching on.

You would think I would have fangs since I was a vampire but no! My teeth are just razor sharp at the ends and as far as I knew, they were unbreakable. I even bit into metal as hard as I could and just dented the metal. I had just done it for fun and had been surprised to feel the metal break beneath my teeth. I think I had swallowed a few tiny pieces of it.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by feeling my hair being pulled back. I startle, flinching slightly before realizing that Carlisle was just moving my hair out of my face. I dig my teeth back into the deer's neck, letting the blood feed my appetite.

Once I'm done, I stand up. I stand up a little faster than I planned, wiping the blood of my face. I whisper a quiet thanks to Carlisle before going to leave. Was it a little rude? Yes, most definitely but he was still a stranger so I didn't feel that bad about it.

"Will you tell me your name or is that something I find out the next time you need blood?" Carlisle asks, making me turn to look at him. I weigh my options, deciding being mysterious is my best bet.

"Next time," I say with a smile, making him grin slightly. I nod to him before leaving, feeling proud that I had managed to actually form words. Normally after I drank blood I was in a sort of coma, feeling too tired and content to move or speak. I decide that I like Carlisle, maybe even more than the blonde woman.

If Mia comes off as a little like robotic or stiff, it is intentional on my part. I will be delving into her backstory as we get deepr and deeper into this story but Mia's social interactions are definitely on the lower side, making her a little bit awkward when interacting with people.