Chapter 20: Blood will be spilled

Start from the beginning

"Out of all the people in the world, he's part of your "the more the merrier"  huh?", I whisper yelled at them.

"Listen Harper", Kenzie started, "You have to make a move! We had 3 girls on the trip and then we invited 3 guys to make it more fun and we had to invite Will because you like him and I can't stand the fact that you're just not doing ANYTHING ABOUT IT", 

"You didn't just invite 3 guys, you wanted to invite Daniel and that's why you had two more guys to keep us busy while you would make out with your boyfriend", I protested.

Kenzie cheeks flushed red with a look that said guilty as charged.

"Okay both of you shut up!", Liv interrupted, "What's done is done and now we have to go!", 

She opened the door, dragging both of us with her.

We said goodbye to Kenzie's mom as we stepped out into her driveway to see Will rubbing his very red and bruised nose, Daniel loading in some luggage and a very familiar brunette leaning against the car.

"Cody?", 

Cody flashed me a grin.

"Hey Harper", he waved.

"What are you doing here?", I asked.

"Kenzie invited me, she said it would be fun", 

"How do you know him?", Liv asked.

"He's my cousin",

Liv lowered her sunglasses, "Harper, I don't know how to say this any other way, but your cousin looks yummy as roasted marshmallows on a stick",

"Feel free to have a taste", 

"I'm not only gonna taste", she smirked.

*****

"Will, bud I'm sorry, but your nose looks horrible", Daniel looked at us from the rearview mirror.

"Yeah, thanks to this crazy psychotic thing right here", he glared at me.

"Hey someone had to give you a nose job, maybe Chelsea would like it better now", I scowled.

"Is everything okay between you two?", Daniel asked.

"Yes", we both replied simultaneously.

The seating arrangements were not in my favour. In Daniel's dad's six seater, Daniel and Kenzie got the front since Daniel was driving, Cody and Olivia in the middle and me and Will at the back.

"I can't believe Kenzie made me sit with you", I mumbled.

"Hey I'm not too happy about this either", he hissed.

I pulled out my ipod and played Taylor Swift's folklore album and before I knew it, I was out.

*****

Will

"Hey Will", Kenzie called, "Wake up Harper, we're almost there", 

I looked at Harp, who had dozed off as soon as we got in the car. She was leaning aginst the window, one of her earbuds had popped out of her ear, her sandals had slid off her feet and now her feet were resting on my lap.

I had stopped counting the number of times I pushed them off.

"Harp, wake up", I pushed her feet off.