Chapter Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

"You're no longer getting coffee, I'm taking your coffee pot and all of this is for me," you said taking a sip out of the cup that you poured for him, Hiding the grimace you made when drinking straight black coffee. It was gross.

"I can tell you don't like that, so let me take it off your hands." he joked back at you. You two were laughing in the kitchen. You went to hand him his coffee cup but right as he grabbed it you pulled it back slightly so he missed it.

"Oh come on, you gotta be quicker than that" you laughed at him and went to hand him his coffee cup and you pulled it back again.

"I don't like this game" Aaron reached for the coffee cup one last time but instead he accidentally knocked it and it spilled down the front of his button-up shirt that you were wearing. Coffee was all down the front of you.

"Oh shit I'm sorry," he said breathing a slight laugh through his words.

You laughed for a second before instinct kicked in "This will stain, I need to... um" you began to scramble "I need to soak this, like now" your fingers tickled the buttons as you quickly tried to unbutton the shirt, completely forgetting that you were wearing nothing underneath them except for Aarons boxers.

"Here let me help you with that one," Aaron said cheekily before you got the chance to unbutton any more of the shirt. He knocked your hands from the buttons as he unbuttoned them for you. In the process, his body walked yours up against the counter.

Once it was unbuttoned he used the two sides of the shirt that he already gripped to pull you into him. His lips connected with yours and his hands let go of the sides of the shirt and grabbed your hips before hoisting you up on the counter.

"This" you spoke breathlessly through kisses, "This isn't soaking your shirt," you said as you ground up against his touch on your thigh and wrapped your legs around his waist. "Fine" Aaron grunted out as he ripped the shirt off of you and threw it into the sink.

"Much better" his hands moved back to your waist pulling you flush against him as he peppered kisses down your neck. It all felt like heaven and caused a warmth to grow in your core. His mouth met your breast before everything stopped.

"What is that smell, it smells like burning" he looked at you confused before another panic ran over your face

"Oh my god, the bacon" you pushed him back as you pointed to the oven making Aaron pull out the six pieces of bacon on the tray that are now burnt to a crisp.

"I tried cooking," you said giving him a shoulder shrug

"Why don't I stick to that for the near future" he breathed a laugh through his nose and walked back over to you. Both of you assuming to continue to where you were before. His lips connected with yours again, but this time they were hungry.

KNOCK KNOCK

You both heard a knock at the door "Shit what time is it" Aaron said backing away from you again. Both of you frustrated with the interruptions.

He looked back at the stove which read the time as 10:15. "That's Jack, we need to um... I need uh" his panic grew as he flailed around the house and so did you.

"Jack, as in your son?" you said with your eyes growing wide as your body suddenly grew a sickening feeling.

"Yes my son Jack, who else would it be." he looked at you dumbfounded with your question.

Another knock rang out and Aaron looked in the direction of the door again. "Look, I need to answer the door, I'll be right back," he said as he started to walk away.

"Aaron" you yelled at him frustrated,

"I am not wearing a shirt OR a bra right now, GIVE ME SOMETHING" you nagged at him. He quickly took off his shirt and gave it to you before you put it on.

You practically sprinted to hide in his bedroom. While in the process, you grabbed the pile of clothes that were from last night, slightly thanking yourself for being smart enough to clean up this morning. You did not want to see his kid right now, that was actually quite the last thing you wanted.

You closed the door as you paced around the room. Your thoughts took over your brain again while you got dressed.

This is terrible. You shouldn't have stayed over. None of this would be happening if you had just left. Now jack is here, you need to leave.

You couldn't find your underwear anywhere and that brought more panic to yourself

You are so stupid

You need to end this

End this before you get too attached

You could hear them downstairs. Aaron was talking to Jessica who was pissed and you couldn't quite hear why but you heard yelling and your name said once but you decided not to dwell on it. You were dressed and you needed to leave

You crept down the steps noticing that they had moved into another room that was away from the front door. You walked to the door ready to leave, escape, and deal with everything later until you heard Aaron call your name out.

You looked over at him, clearly, he was excited for you to see Jack but you really did not.

Jessica, Jack, and Aaron stood in the other room all looking at you.

"I.. um... I  really have to go." you sputtered out trying not to make a scene

Aaron's face grew disappointed but it was somewhat understanding. He nodded slightly and walked over to you, after telling Jessica to give you two a second to talk.

He gave you a hug and you embraced it, but before you let go, you whispered to him, "We really need to talk, can you call me later"

And you pulled away from the hug saying your goodbyes, left Aaron's house, and drove home.

Once you got home when you walked up to your house you were greeted with a large stack of mail.

And there it sat. That same manilla colored, rectangle envelope, with your name handwritten in gaudy handwriting, and the family crest sealed on the back of it. Your stomach instantly dropped.

Why did I get another letter?

__
1839 words