Beneath the Flesh: Chapter Two

I knew for the next few weeks I couldn't go back to school, I had to learn how to control everything before I could go back. I feared that episode may become a rerun. I couldn't take my mind off of him, he was all I thought about.
I spent the next 3 weeks in the woods, roaming Harthwood and learning how to morph back and move properly. Being a wolf without a pack is so lonely, I tried to hear them but their thoughts were just murmurs and whispers in my head. I couldn't make out any real words; I felt utterly and completely alone.
I heard another voice in my head that seemed to be getting louder and louder, it was gruffly yet sweet and was heading my way. I began to make out words, it was
"A distant stranger that I will complete, I know you're out there, we're meant to be. Keep your head up and make it to me." They were singing my favourite song, (Seems to be quite popular.) Although I didn't recognise the voice, I'd never heard it before but it was truly enchanting. The voice continued to sing until he got to the verse, "My mind runs away to you with a thought I'd hope you'd see..."
"Can't see where it's going to, but I know where it wants to be." I interrupted the voice and it fell silent.
"I'm waiting patiently tho time is moving slow?..." The voice paused to hear my reply,
"I have my vacancy and I wanted you to know." The voice chuckled. I recognised that chuckle from somewhere but I couldn't quite picture it, I sniffed around a bit but I couldn't find the wolf the voice belonged to but it was good to know I wasn't completely alone. I heard branches snapping and paws running away the sound got further and further away. They were gone.

I trotted back home humming the song and changed back. I opened the door and went to my desk and called Seth.
BRING BRING. BRING BRING. He didn't pick up. I called him again. BRING BRING. BRING BRING.
"Oh hey!" Seth's cheeks were red and his hair was a mess.
"And what've you been up to?" I jokingly asked him.
"Oh well Jacob, Sam, Leah me and your Dad have been out this morning. How've you been?"
"Alright, I guess. I've been in the woods a lot lately."
"You're still not back at school?"
"No."
"Branwen, you have to. You can't be a recluse all your life. If you don't go to school then you won't be able to get on in crowds and with other people."
"But, Seth." I moaned at him in a high pitched voice.
"No buts. Go back to school!" He hung up and I sat there in silence for a while.

The next day I went back to school. I skipped Physics in the morning because I was 'needing to go to the toilet' but I managed to stick out the rest of the day til break. I saw Rhoda standing by the windows near the Canteen so I jogged over,
"Hey Rhodes." Rhoda had some new friends, they looked at me, scoffed and turned their backs to me. I grabbed Rhoda's shoulder and pulled her to face me, "Rhoda!"
"Ugh, what do you think you're doing?" Rhoda bitched at me.
"Do you even know her?" A stuck up blonde cackled.
"Do you even know I can see your arse up that skirt?" I replied. Rhoda looked at me in disgust and pulled me to the side of her friends,
" Branwen, where were you? You left and I had no one. You didn't even tell me where you were!" She was really frustrated but not angry.
"Look, something happened on the Thursday I left. You saw it. And I needed to make sure I could control myself around people. I didn't wanna hurt anyone..."
"Well you hurt me, Branwen!" She interrupted me and punched my arm, not hard.
"Look I'm sorry I just..." She interrupted me again,
"I had to make new friends when you were gone, and just because you've waltzed back in here doesn't mean you can take me away from them. If that's what you thought then who do you think you are?"
"Rhoda." My eyes welled up.
"You're on your own."
She walked away from me and back to her so called friends as they all glared at me before getting back to whatever conversation they were having. I turned around and ran away, unfortunately into someone,
"Sorry, umm yeah." I awkwardly spoke before running past them. I heard the person I'd just previously ran into laugh. It was him! I stopped running and had a moment of pure happiness, I came in contact with him! I pulled my bag strap back up, put a pice of hair behind my ear and continued walking.