Why was he creepily looking at her, his mind mocked. Shaking his head to clear such unholy thoughts, he walked over her bed to help his Anni bring Mullai to the car.

He takes her to the doctor and stays close to her the entire time. Doctor prescribed some medicine stating it was viral fever and nothing to worry. When they come out, he asks Mullai to sit in the bench outside while he went to collect medicines.

While coming back he saw her throwing up. Immediately he ran to her and held her head. After sometime, he gave her some water but realized her hands were shivering. He held her by shoulders leaning her towards him and started feeding the water. Some water spilled on her and him. She tried to wipe it but he held her hand.

"Nee modhala thaniya kudi. Dress nenja paravala. Oru phone panni irkalam illla? Ipadi mosam agi, Anni pakaravaraikuma wait panuva?"

"Adhu.. En phone odanju rendu vaaram agudhu. Adhan panala", Mullai stammered.

He could feel an inexplicable melancholy and forlornness from her. He knew it was not because of her fever. He asked her to come to the car and started walking. Turning back, he realized she was still seated on the bench.

"Mudiyala. Thala sudhudhu. Konja neram naan inga okandukarean. Unaku late achuna, nee kadaiku kelambu . Naan aparam auto pudichu vetuku poikarean"

He rolled his eyes in anger and then leaning down; put his hand below her leg. His other hand went to her neck and he pulled her up in his arms.

"Kathir, enna panra Kathiru. Nanaey nadandukarean", she tried to reason.

"Konjam amaidhiya irukiya? Idha nelamaila unna vitutu kadaiku poga solriya enna? Pesama iruku. Unala nadaka kuda mudiyala. Veetla vitutu porean"

Mullai realized he was clearly furious but wondered why he would take this extra step to bring her home and asked her doubt.

"Enna vitutu ponna, veetla thituvanganu yosikariya?"

"Yaru enna sonna enna? Enaku un mela andha alavuku kuda akarai illanu solriya? Unaku pudikalana sollu, yeraki vidarean"

Mullai was overwhelmed that someone would even care for her and chocked a little. She was too weak to walk and what he said made sense and kept quiet.

Kathir looked at her to see if she had anything more to add. Despite their similar height, she felt so small and cozy in his arms. Her hair was sprawled everywhere and her kajal smudged. The always-perfect Mullai looked like a mess right now, he thought and his heart clenched a little.

Reaching the car, he lay her down in the backseat and sat next to her.

"Indha idha kudi", he gave her the water bottle and made his way to other side of the back seat. She drank a few sips and made then rested her head on the seat limply. She fell asleep and kept muttering incomprehensible words under her breath, the only few words he understood were "Appa", "Vazhkai","Phone","Mama".

The whole drive went like that until their finally reached their home. Walking to the other side, he opened the door and picked up a very unconscious Mullai in his arms. Their proximity made him nervous but he kept walking towards her room, even when she nuzzled her nose against his chest.

The distance between the entrance and her room suddenly felt too long. He was relieved when he finally reached her room. When he tried placing her on bed, she almost collapsed on the bed. Her lips parted wide and he chuckled at the scene. Wish there was a way to take a picture and tease her later. Leaning closer, he moved her on the bed so she was lying straight and then covered her with a warm blanket.