A loud noise alerted Sebastian to movement outside the safety and secrecy of the tunnels. He immediately peaked through the tiny hole and saw Duke Lionel enter his room.

For the first time Sebastian had ever witnessed, Duke Lionel was sober. His steps weren't wobbly with drunken stupor and his eyes weren't glazed over with a disgruntled haze. Even his light hair seemed tame.

Lionel sighed and plopped himself down on a cushioned chair.

"I wish I was back home. All of these palace-goers drive me insane," he grumbled to himself. He was grumpy even when he was sober. However, the intensity definitely was diminished.

Sebastian attempted to will him into picking an object up, to see which hand was dominant for him. Luckily for him, Lionel pulled out a flask from the inside of his jacket. He did so with his left hand, taking a swig after bringing it out.

A strange twinge a thrill echoed in his body. Lionel was left handed. The fact was proven even more as Sebastian observed him pick up more objects.

Satisfied with what he observed, Sebastian quietly exited the secret passage and when on to the next suspect. He glided down the hall, picked up the waiting guards, and headed towards the kitchen. An excellent test came into his mind.

Telling the guards to stay outside for a minute, Sebastian snuck into the kitchen for a quick trip, looking for a piece of fruit. When he found an apple, he looked around first to see if there was anyone around to witness him before proceeding to take it.

Then, he casually walked out, whistling to alert the guards that he was returning. His next destination was wherever Duke Kleyr was located. If he remembered right, usually Duke Kleyr spent his free time down in the gardens.

It was a fair day outside. The skies were blue but clouded in patches so that the sun didn't pierce the ground with high intensity. The temperature was mild enough that gardening wouldn't create excessive sweat.

Once again, Sebastian told his guards to keep a reasonable distance - not too close, but not too far. It was only acceptable for the guards to be at a distance because he was currently wearing his transparent armor suit.

Duke Kleyr looked comfortable taking a break on the stone bench underneath the tree. The quiet, cool shade provided some refuge from labor.

"Your Grace," Sebastian called out politely, making his way closer. The duke turned his attention on him.

"Your highness," Duke Kleyr returned the polite courtesy. Soft aging lines crept at the corner of his eyes when he smiled. "What may I do for you?"

Kleyr was truly every inch of a philanthropist as was said. His altruism announced itself when he spoke, even if he had barely offered anything.

"A small conversation," Sebastian returned a smile, still holding the apple in his hand. "And for your generosity and charitable deeds, as well as your gardening, I felt obliged to treat you to a small snack at least."

Sebastian showed the apple to Kleyr from a distance before swinging his arm back and saying, "Catch."

He lobbed the apple into the air and gently towards the duke, who managed to catch it with one hand: his right hand.

"Thank you. That was very much needed," Kleyr said, using his right hand to hold the apple while he took a bite out of it. Sebastian was glad to find out that he was not left-handed like the assassin. It would certainly make him feel more at ease while conversing with the duke.

It was only luck that while Sebastian chatted with Kleyr, he managed to see Duke Tobias passing by. The pale haired man looked like he was only taking a shorter route to where he was going. Sebastian half paid attention to Kleyr while observing Tobias from afar.