Chapter 10

With a dismissive gesture Rakkah called the meeting to an end. Immediately, Justice could hear the three women pull themselves from the wall and quickly walk her way at the chance to speak to her. The sudden ending to the gathering, however, was something the two scientists, still standing next to the dais, did not seem to appreciate. In unison they approached the regal yautja with hissing growls and demanding gestures. Justice watched with intrigue as his second, Iko, began to step towards the two skinny yautja.

"We should have access to more!" one snarled in a higher pitch, clearly changing the spoken language so that she could hear. "For years now we have had no additional information on these cyborgs and now," he waved a hand towards her. "Here one is, their leader no less. We should have-"

"Enough!" Rakkah snapped and the room immediately went quiet once more and the three women froze in place. "I have given her and the child refuge on Jarak's honor. If you disagree you may take it up with Jarak," Rakkah lifted his hand, gesturing to the massive hunter still standing at her side.

As if waiting for the opportunity, Jarak took one ominous step forward and Justice could practically see the pride within the two scientists fraying at the edges as they forced themselves not to retreat back.

"Wait," she groaned, disgusted with herself for about to give up the opportunity to watch a good fight. Stepping forward, she gave the two scientists withering looks. "You want more? Then here," she said, raising up her hand and turning one of the white rings with a flick of her thumb.

Activating with a silvery glow along the edges, the two rings on her hand lit up and cast out a blue holographic keyboard. Typing in few functions, she cast the video to Rakkah's throne taking over the previous image of her still hovering in the air. A video began to play, and all eyes turned upward to watch, except hers. She didn't need to watch the video, she remembered it perfectly.

A much younger image of herself was being drug into a sterile operating room kicking and screaming. Justice looked to Larsa still in the human woman's arms and smiled gratefully as the woman immediately covered the sleeping child's ears while her own eyes grew round and horrified as she stared up at the video. Stoically Justice stood and listened without feeling as the sound of surgical drills began to whir and her own much younger screams echoed off the metal walls around them.

"By the gods," the other woman with long black hair cried and she cast a pleading look to the throne. "Rakkah!" she demanded.

Immediately the video stopped.

Curiously, Justice looked up to the yautja leader who now stood next to his second, his clawed hand still flat on the controls of his throne's armrest. It was odd the human could make such a command and the hunter listen.

Pulling her thoughts away from the curious scene, Justice smiled coolly to the scientists. "Will videos like this and lab files be sufficient enough to quell your urge of dissecting me?"

Where there was a quiet disgust still hanging in the air amongst the other hunters, there was a near carnal craving emanating from the two scientists.

"Yes," one practically purred as he held his hand out in eager demand. "It will suffice."

Refusing to get near the creepy pair, Justice walked over to Jarak and held out one of her white rings for him to take. She wasn't sure what she was expecting when she met Jarak's eyes. Maybe his usual unreadable eyes and blank crab face, but what she was not expecting was his visceral anger. Surprised she stared at the eight-foot hunter as his overly bright red and orange eyes met hers. Flaring in and out, his mandibles moved with each seething breath. Taking the ring from her, he turned with a whip of his dreads slicing through the air and made his way to the dais and stopped.