Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The next few days turned out pretty much the same, except Harry and I didn't talk at all. It was just like the first day all over again, but now two days in a row. I wasn't exactly surprised nor disappointed. It was probably better that we stuck to ignoring each other anyway. That way, no one seemed to bring him up in conversations they had with me at least.

The audition in Birmingham went great. We found some fantastic singers there, and so did we in Liverpool.

We had just exited the arena and were already heading to the cars because we were going to Manchester today already. Going from being free two days in a row to doing three shows in three days was a real turnaround. I wished I had slept more when I still could. Now we spent most of our nights in the black Range Rover, and let's just say if my bum hurt from sitting on the judges' table's chair, it was nothing compared to how much it hurt from sitting in that car for so long.

"If we don't sleep at a fucking hotel tonight, I'm dropping out of this," I groaned as we got into the Range Rover, shutting the doors behind us.

"What? You can't handle the pressure?" Nick scoffed, turning around in his seat to raise his eyebrows at me.

That was another thing. Harry and I hadn't exchanged a single word with each other, but Nick had been more of an ass than usual. I just didn't understand why he couldn't just lay off me. Why did he still treat me so poorly if what Liam said was true? I wasn't with Harry anymore, so what was his problem with me now?

Shooting him a glare, I gritted my teeth. "I've been through way worse than this. I'm pretty sure you have no idea what touring the fucking world is like."

A humorous smile formed on his lips. "Then why are you complaining, princess?"

Did he just call me princess? 

"Oh, you piece of shit. I promise I'll fucking kil-" I started, gripping Patrick's seat to get closer to his ugly face.

Before I could reach him, though, I was pulled back by Perrie. "Louis," she warned me while letting out an exasperated sigh. "Fighting won't make things better. Just ignore him."

Letting out a huff, I slumped back in my seat and averted my gaze from Nick. Patrick got into the driver's seat then, shutting the door behind him. "Amazing job today as well. You never cease to amaze me," he smiled, turning around to get a look at Perrie, Harry and me. "Are you ready to go to Manchester?"

"Does it matter if we aren't?" Nick asked, rolling his eyes.

Patrick furrowed his eyebrows, glancing at him. "Of course it does. You're always free to say whatever's on your mind and if you disagree with certain things. I know these past few days have been hectic, but you'll get a day off after the show in Manchester, which I know Harry will probably like."

Harry met his gaze, a small smile forming on his lips as he nodded. What was so special about Manchester other than the fact that it was close to his hometown?

When no one questioned them about it and I didn't feel like doing so myself, I burrowed the side of my face into my pillow. It was only five in the afternoon, but I was already tired. It was probably not odd considering the busy schedule we'd had the last couple of days, but it was still a weird feeling.

"Will we be sleeping at a hotel tonight?" I asked Patrick, my voice barely a mumble.

"Yes, Louis, we will, and the night after that as well. I'm sorry things have been like this, but unfortunately, we didn't have any other choice because these were the days we could rent all the arenas and other places," Patrick apologized.