Chapter 1

You where marking essays as normal when George came into your office. You grinned, standing and kissing him gently. You had been working with him for three years and for one you had been in a relationship. 

You had met when you had first started lecturing and immediately hit it off. You talked on politics and music, food and wine and discovered that you were both very alike. He was kind and gentle with you and you loved how your friendship grew. However, this friendship grew when you went together for a meal and he told his love for you. 

He kissed you back and rubbed your chin with his fingers. "I was thinking that you could have dinner with me" he whispered. "Just the two of us". He took your cheek and you leaned into his touch. "That sounds great" you say and you grin.  You took his arm and you walked leisurely. He pushed his glasses up as he looked down at you.  "Are you worried for tonight?" he suddenly asked.  

"about what?" you asked.

"The new acts in government"

"The ones making the government more dictatorial?" you frowned. "Yes. I hope they will not pass through the government. "

George nodded and unlocked his flat, letting you in he turns the lights on and goes towards the kitchen to make something.  You wondered towards the kitchen and watched him skillfully cook something. He looked back at you and smiled. "Could you pour some red wine?" he asked.

You nodded and walked towards his cupboard where he kept the wine. You switched the light on and picked up a nice looking bottle. Placing it on the counter you took out a bottle opener and took the cork off. You took out two glasses and poured the red liquid. George took one and sipped it. 

"You mentioning that act has got me more worried" you murmured. "I have been trying to avoid thinking about it, even when I am the politics lecturer" You bit your lip and sighed. "I am worried for my rights"

"None will take away your rights" he said. "I would never allow that." you laughed and he kissed you. "I am serious" he whispered in your ear. 

You ate the meal. It was pasta. George had put on some gentle piano music and you ate and laughed together. You then went and sat with him, watching the TV. You were watching a documentary. You lay with him, your back to his chest. He hugged you into himself and kissed you on the head. Suddenly the TV made a sound and breaking news appeared. 

"The Government has just agreed to the new age bill" It blared "This bill in immediate effect strips rights away from teachers, writers and artists to create or spread anything ani-government. It also conscripts loyal men to work for the new police and law department. This bill also demands that true loyalty is to be shown to the Government at the pain of being taken into custody. This is the end of the broadcast. Long live the new age"

The tv went back to the documentary. You stared at the TV. "Oh my God" you whisper. You start to shake. "This is Fascism" you whisper "Pure Fascism". Geroge nodded from behind you and kissed your head gently. "I am sure that we will not be caught up in it"  You nodded and turned around to nuzzle into his chest.

How wrong he was.