I go around the table and I kiss her cheek and then kiss Bethany's cheek .

"I love you guys , take care ."  I say . And then I begin walking away .

I hear my mother's broken sobs and Bethany trying to soothe her . When I get to the door I turn around . My mother looks defeated , her eyes are blood shot . When she feels my gaze , her head shoots up and she gives me a weak smile . I nod and then I get in .

Is this the right decision,  is momma right , could I have made a better decision? I dont know for sure . But I know that I need this .

I need to be away from reality for some time . And this is the best way to avoid reality .

You did this to yourself.

Momma's words ring in my head the entire time . I hurt my momma by the stupid choice I've made . And I couldn't even apologize. 

For some reason unknown to me , the warden and I come to a sudden halt . I look up . Oh , were at my cell . I look at him .

"Thank you , have a nice day ." I say to him .

He looks surprised , almost taken off guard . I understand though , most prisoners insult him .

He nods at me then he leads me in and then removes my handcuffs . He's about to go , but he stops then looks at me .

" You know if you keep this up and also take behavioral therapy and classes , you'll be outta here before you can say life sentence ."he says with a slight smile .

I nod at him . " Thank you for informing me."

He walks away . What a nice man . I settle on the bench slash bed like structure.

And then sleep overtakes me . I'm drifting to another dreamless sleep .

It's just quiet , no thoughts , no talking . No loud and obnoxious snoring coming from Jason .

No waiting up for him . I literally have so much peace right now . Well I had piece until I hear a person saying my name .

" Mrs Smith! "She says again and then I look up with a little bit of a blurry vision.

Its Kerrie , my lawyer . The warden from earlier comes and opens the cell door or gate , I dont know .

He nods at me and I nod back .

We head to that benched room again . Kerrie takes out some papers.

"So how are you  Cassiey?" She asks .

"I'm fine thank you." I reply .

"That's a good start . Now let's sum a simple plan to get you out of here as quickly as possible." She says in a peppy voice that comes through as annoying to me .

It sounds exactly like Kayla's when I first gave her the job .

Flashback

"You can come to the office first thing Monday morning , and we'll discuss everything you are going to do ." I had said to her .

"Thank you . Thank you so so much . The lord bless your soul . I won't ever disappoint" she said with a peppy voice .

I was happy I  had helped her out .

End of flashback

"  I dont want to be out of this place ." I say to her .

"What?" She asks , the peppy voice long gone .  I smile internally .

"I said , I dont want to be out of this place ."  I repeat my words .

" No , no please Cassiey , listen to me . You're my first big case . And I need to show my boss that I what I can do . Please ." She begs . I just stare at her blankly .

I literally watch as her face falls.

I give in  . " Okay , fine . But I don't want bail and I should at least be in here for over two years ." Curse my good heart .

She smile at me and then looks over the stacks of papers in front of her .

"Well looks like you've been charged with ...  assault and ... attempted murder. " she says .

"What ? Murder ? No , nobody died ." I say to her and she shakes her head .

" A miss Kayla Dixon who was one of your victims has been admitted to the hospital , I don't know what her injuries are , I'll come back in the morning to inform you . But if the word coma leaves my mouth then you're in here for a long time ." She says with a sad look.

I honestly wish she was in a coma,  I'd love love love to stay here for a long time.  But I won't tell her that .

I just nod and then she begins to ask me a few questions . The case is going to start in a month . So this is home sweet home .

Author's note

What do you think?

Cassandra's character is now maturing if you haven't noticed . I'd like for you to pay special attention from now on as you read because there will be noticable changes in her character. 🤲

Thank you to those who are reading and to those who aren't please do 🥰

Vote,  comment and recommend ❤

Nic275